BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out late yeterday. the inlet was sloppy due to wind against the tide. decided to head in the direction of lump /shoal areasand the fish finder lit up 2 miles off the beach. plenty of weakies/croakers to weed threw to get some keepers. my son and I kept 5 decent week fish outof 50 fish or so . we left at 11:30 and back at the dock by 3. we got home in time for the game with a fresh weaky dinner. got to love those lazy sundays in the fall

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
My son and I were out there as well, and we saw your nice looking yellow ride floating in the inlet.

We had done the same thing on Sunday - loads of Croakers. We also were snagging some of the mountains of bunker that were out there and live lining them. I was not paying attention and of coarse something grabbed one of the lines and peeled half the line off the reel before I had control of the rod - 2 minutes later the fish was gone. I was closer to the rod on a second splloing but lost that one as well. Never saw either fish (I am sure they were sharks).

On Sat/Sun in the very late afternoon we were chasing the blues just inside the TI Bridge. We lost count of how many blues we caught - he casted, I tried to keep the boat aimed toward the bridge in the current about 50 ft from the bridge.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok sanibel I remember seeing you out there to the north east. My son commented on your boat because he saw your son driving as you were putting away the gear.Your boat is a beauty as well. After awhile of weakfishing all we did was follow the bunker schools and my son Matt broke a few off as well. I assumed they were blues or sharks as well

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok sanibel I remember seeing you out there to the north east. My son commented on your boat because he saw your son driving as you were putting away the gear.Your boat is a beauty as well. After awhile of weakfishing all we did was follow the bunker schools and my son Matt broke a few off as well. I assumed they were blues or sharks as well

·
Registered
7,237 Posts
Hey Rich, you had a 3-F day.....Family, Fish. & Football. :D ;) Thanks for the report. I'll be heading to the OG in the morning. ;)

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey lew thanx and good luck at the old grounds. Its time to give christine a fresh flatty dinner

·
Registered
135 Posts
I went to the east lump Sun am, left around 6:15
did well with the little tunny's and big blues.
Was looking for some football bft's but none to be found. Ended up at the Sea Isle Lump but nothing, back at the dock at 3:30 for a couple of cold ones, a great day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts