BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out Jay Manns report for LBI today...

BASS ATTACK ALERT: OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.
A NEAR EPIC BASS BITE ON THE NORTH END.
Picking up where it left off yesterday, the bass bonanza in the Barnegat Light area has gone to a whole new dimension with at least three confirmed bass over 50 pounds ? from boat and bank, with one fairly reliable tale that a single individual may have caught two 50-pounders in a single session. I personally have never seen or heard of that. One of the 50-pound fish is in the tourney. See Below.
The number of 40-pounders is approaching double digits from that zone. I?ll get more specifics once they reach me but I hear that bunker and livelined offerings are the trick. Please do not ask for exact locales. I already have three emails wanting exact street ends and such. I really believe you can fish anywhere along the few miles stretch from Loveladies north to the inlet and have a good chance at a mega-bass.
I had a report of bass on plugs from that area but short of one break off of ?the biggest bas I?ve ever had on? the plugged fish have been modest (25 pounds) at best. Imagine turning your noise up at 25 pounders?

1. 50-4 Tim Stump June 9 North End 50 1/2? 28 1/2? Bunker 9 am
2. 45-3 Joe Handley June 4 Beach Haven 49 ¼? 27? Bunker 11:30pm
3. 41-2 John Parzych May 28 Harvey Cedars 49? 25 ½? Liveline 11 pm
4. 40-3 Michael Mohr May 24 North End 47.5 ? 24.5 ? Clam 11 am

·
Registered
278 Posts
WOW...Wish i would of got this report sooner as i am tied up for the next couple days but may have to see...Mon. looks like a great possibility and have never done the livelining thing....And 25ibrs. on plugs...Can you imagine one of them on a big popper...Anyway i'm dreaming again....Thanks for the reports...Paz..Nothing like the sound of P.P. ripping off a reel:)

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
What a great year to move my boat from High Bar Harbor to Absecon! I'll have to remember to thank my wife for telling me she wanted to be docked in AC...over, and over, and over, and over again...

G

·
Ed, thats why they make trailers!! I thought i saw your boat the other day at the inlet but i remembered you re-located. as long as your on water you in the "right spot". good luck this season.

Nick

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
Thanks Nick.. But my Sequoia isn't big enuf to tow the boat!!! Depending on conditions, I will be running the boat back up to visit some of my old favorite spots a couple of times week after next.... if you have any rods under 11 feet ;) , you're welcome aboard!

[ 06-14-2004, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: fmTuna ]

·
Registered
371 Posts
I`ve never been to LBI..and just have to get there and even farther north..can you guys give me a ya know..a good bait and tackle shop..anyone like a Barner or sponsers..Thanks..hoping to get up there for the weekend..ya know Fathers day! thats my day right ..so why do I have to be surrounded by all my kids (15 to 10..4 of `em) all day long, aren`t they supposed to do what I want...thanks guys

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by Chtrugs:
I`ve never been to LBI..and just have to get there and even farther north..can you guys give me a ya know..a good bait and tackle shop..anyone like a Barner or sponsers..
Barn Sponser from LBI:
FishermansHeadquarters
On the Right as you head into town,they will
give you the latest Info and the tackle and
Bait to land the Big One..

Good Luck,,

Happy Father's Day.,,,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.