BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be staying in Brant Beach with friends the full moon weekend the end of this month. We'll have a boat and someone who knows the area with conventional tackle.

Any suggestions on patterns, lines, bay or ocean for this time of year?

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Was down two weeks ago. Drifted the bay from BH down towards the inlet around dusk. Was hitting alot of small blues in the 10 to 15 inch range on a small white bucktail deciever. (I've been tying new ones all last week :D ).

If it was me I would have a supply of decievers both Lefty's and bucktail various colors, A bunch of surf candies again various colors,some clousers and jiggies, a couple of bangers, a crab fly or two and a few bunker patterns of various sizes and colors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I'll set the vise up and get crackin'!

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
....Poppers at dawn and dusk are still producing for me. Especially is there is high moving water. 8wts and floating lines work well here. Find and island that has deep water on a few sides and be sure to hit the points as well as the deep bank. If nobody is home, it's off to the next bank. Scout in the daytime at low tide.
Lots of bunker off the beaches. Snag one and let it live line with the school on spinning gear,,,,and hold on!
A chunk on the bottom in the rod holder will surely get some play as well.
Big deceivers on sinking lines on a 10wt will get under the school and hopefully get you a shot at a big'un.
Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Tennyson,

Got some really good reports of small weakfish throughout Barnegat and Little Egg. Good grass shrimping opportunties. If your friend likes conventional, try chumming with live shrimp, and you throw a shrimp pattern.

I know, I know, it might be cheatin' - it might - but the action's been pretty hot the last handful of days!

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Just as an aside, Tennyson is the name that goes with the quote. I don't know how much English history you guys know... :D

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
H2O Welcome to the barn & I hope you enjoy your stay & hope your trip is successful.

You have mail. Ron

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome and sharing of information!

I have not really hit the water this year due to a very busy work schedule and a busted vehicle! The car will be ready tomorrow and I've got a few extended weekends coming up. I cannot WAIT to get out there and give myself a sore shoulder!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let's say one wanted to head out after tunoids, how far out are we talking? 10 miles? 20?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts