Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1160 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR REPORTS ONLY

Posting a report,please be sure to include as much valuable information as possible or as little. When it comes to "location", please DO NOT post specific "SPOTS".

Please do not get upset when your post is edited
This request is brought to you by "P.E.T.S" (People For The Ethical Treatment Of Spots)

General area ....
Tide and Conditions
# Fish Caught
bait/lure/fly
Pic's are welcome

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I talked to a local icon on Saturday and he said he had a temp of 42 but no hits or fish for his attempt.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Well it's still to early, lets see what this week does, we have some warm temps ahead, could bring a few more fisherman out and maybe a keeper.:cool:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Hey where is everybody? I have yet to fish GP but I went a little north today spur of the moment. I got to shorts 24 and about 18 inches. I am going to try to hit GP monday after work.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The boat is going in March 23 weather permitting.

I was on the Mullica Sunday for a few hours. I thought I saw a few swirls on the surface but it was hard to tell b/c the current was running out so hard.

I'm just waiting for the herring run.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Boat goes in tomorrow, now all we need is some fishies to cooperate.

I plan on drowning some worms and throwing plastics in the afternoon.

Anyone else been out?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Water Temps

That place in Lacey, that has all that warm water has been doing pretty good. But I won't fish there. Mental thing.

Too much rain water and west winds keeping the temps down in low 40's. We need a good northeaster to blow that warm water in.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nice afternoon on the water, west of Parkway was 48.7 degrees and east of Parkway to Gp was 47.3.

Found a couple of nice bait pods, I swear one gull looked like it had a Bunker and seen a few Herring, not the mother load. Couldn't catch any, tried sibaki, treble and even threw the net a couple of times. Need a 125' net to bail'em up.

Going to head back out tomorrow.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
A Frayed Knot said:
Hey where is everybody? I have yet to fish GP but I went a little north today spur of the moment. I got to shorts 24 and about 18 inches. I am going to try to hit GP monday after work.
I am dying to go, but have been SLAMMED at work the last few weeks. Nothing happening for months, and then just when I'm about ready to start thinking about putting the boat in, then BAM!

Killing me................

Lookin' like 2 weeks minimum before I can get down and give it a try. :(

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
My day started with a drive to Scotts BT, CLOSED. Then drove to Absecan Bay and all they had were frozen clams and finally got to the boat around noon yesterday. The tide was way up, little breeze too so I decided to just hang out, and try to catch some eels around the bulkhead, nod'da.

My buddy did say that he saw a few Herring at low tide.

This weekend I'll be out there rain or shine.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
jrisapirate said:
My day started with a drive to Scotts BT, CLOSED. Then drove to Absecan Bay and all they had were frozen clams and finally got to the boat around noon yesterday. The tide was way up, little breeze too so I decided to just hang out, and try to catch some eels around the bulkhead, nod'da.

My buddy did say that he saw a few Herring at low tide.

This weekend I'll be out there rain or shine.
Give Skip a try next time your searching for bait locally, chumbucket on rte 9. He is a great guy with great prices and only worries about pleasing the fishermen.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Took the new owner of the Shamrock for a sea trial yesterday and I marked herring in the inlet. I also saw birds diving on the herring and there were 3 seals hanging off the beach at the south end of Holgate.

1 - 20 of 1160 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.