BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't wait for that first hot steamed bushel!

With the mild winter it should be a banner year. Less killed during winter hibernation. Water should warm faster letting em get bigger and fuller. With the decreased snowfall up north... the susky shouldn't flood as much as previous years....

All in all it looks like it should be early and a great year for crabs...:thumbsup:

Keep throwing females back!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I hope its a good year for them. Had mixed results in the Chester last year.

I still have another pack or two of picked meat in the freezer, planning on making some hot crab dip this weekend. But like you said I cant wait for that first hot freshly steamed batch to hit the table.

I am also hoping with basically no snow (and hopefully not much rain) the upper bay stays clearer this year. The striper fishing (especially trophy season, has been bad the last 2 years aroung the CBB and 3 years ago it was on fire)

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Looking forward to eating some vacumm packed homemade wye river crab cakes this weekend :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
It was heart breaking even trying on the Elk/Bohemia rivers last year. Hit and miss on the Sass for me. Did onk in the Chester, but all in all not like the year before period!!!

Hopefully this year turns out better!! I tend to not argue with the wife as much over her "technique" if we are actually catching some!!!:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts