BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who just bought a 31B and cannot find a slip anywhere. I also noticed prices have gone up considerably in the past 2 years. I would like to know which marinas you have been at, was it an enjoyable experience? Amenities? Price? Myself recently moved to an inboard boat and low tide needs to have water. The search has begun for both of us for next year, but where is the question? We both have little ones. I fish offshore frequently and would like to be near an inlet or within short ride. I know some marinas have restaurants and pools, this would be a huge plus and would pay more for this. Breezee Lee, harborview are top of the list right now. Where else should I be looking? Furthest south would be cape may, furthest north, AC.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I've been in the Marina at the Golden Nugget and at Schooner Island Marina. Spent two to three seasons at each. And, I'd have to say the best place I've been in was Seaview Harbor Marina 👍👍👍. It was definitely my Best Condo on the Water 💦.

They have got the Pool & Jacuzzi, Baitshop & Gas. Gas is available 24/7 and they have the Restaurant. On weekends they have a Continental Breakfast in their Clubhouse. They also have a bunch of events during the Season. To Top that they also have a Private Beach 🏖. They offer a couple of BBQ grills to use for cooking. Their Bathrooms & showers 🚿 were nice and the A/C was cold in there. They also have a Security Guard to watch the Boats, Parking lot and the rest of the place.

If you can find the owner of the slips you can bargain with them. I actually used my slip all winter for the same price. Didn't get any ice in the winter 👍.

Great views from the Boat 🛥 and right at the Inlet to get out fast. Easy to get to from anywhere.

I caught more fish 🐠 sitting on the Boat 🛥 or walking on the docks than going in the bay or just out front and most were keeper's. Flounder, Blues, Striper's... Whatever was running comes right to the Docks at Seaview.

All of the restaurants around also deliver right to your Boat.

·
Registered
15,676 Posts
I’ll second seaview harbor. harbor cove in Somers point might work too, but it doesn’t have close to anything as Seaview. There is a graef’s marina, also in SP. they have no amenities at all.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seaview harbor is great, but finding an owner to rent you a slip is even harder. Graefs is decent as everything is right there on bay ave have to call and see what they charge. Harbor cove is an option as well, but locational difference between them an graefs is about the same. only difference is the slips are just of higher quality. Iv even thought about somers point marina, but im very hesitant as all that boat traffic and no seawall.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Just call the office at Seaview, they'll tell you what's available. The Office handles every slip. But if you can find out who an owner is, you might be able to save some money. Just walk the docks, usually someone will know.

·
Registered
25 ft Sea Hunt w/twin 150 Yamahas
16 Posts
I've been at Collins Marina for the past 20 yrs, rates have been the same since day 1! 5 miles to Cape May inlet, fuel across the harbor at Schooner island, private marina so there's no jack asses on the ramp, everybody looks out for each other. Great place to be at.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I've been at Skinners Marina since 2012. It's up Tuckerton Creek almost at the head. The Marina was purchased by the new owners in 2012. Since then they have systematically improved the marina every year. They have installed new bulkheads and docks, created and RV section, built a large covered pavilion, upgraded the shore power and water systems and rebuilt their travel lift docks. they allow you to work on your boat in their yard, and also have a travel marine mechanic they recommend. Owners are professional, courteous and friendly, as are the slip holders. Very family oriented establishment, and with the small RV section, you tend to have constant presence at the marina that keep a watchful eye on everyone's boats. as far as amenities, they are a little light on those, they have bathrooms and a shower, and a small ships store. Ample parking and storage for the winter, and a ramp to launch from if needed. The biggest amenity for me is the location, cost and protection this marina offers. Its location makes for a very safe and quiet slip. The cost is around $55ft plus electric, and its a 15 minute steam down the creek to the bay and a quick run to the inlet. Last few seasons they marina and RV section has been full.

Reactions: Fishing Virus

·
Registered
25 ft Sea Hunt w/twin 150 Yamahas
16 Posts
Ours was bought 3 yrs ago by a guy I went to high school with! He to has been replacing docks and making upgrades. He probably does charge people by the foot but my rate hasn't changed in 15 yrs! I have an outside slip and pay $1750 even though I went from a 21 ft to a 25 ft last yr. We don't have a ramp so there is no weekend warrior traffic, bad part of that is we have a small parking lot and no room to do repairs, if I need to pull the boat I go to Breezy Lee. I do have a mechanic friend who helps me, even has the computer diagnostic computer. He was looking at my boat and ended up picking up 3 other boats to service including the owners! He's already made enough money this summer to pay off that $6,000 computer and his labor rate is half what the going $125 hr rate!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts