BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fished the shoal near Lewes, DE North of the jetties and Haystacks/Icebreakers? Does anyone know how close to the Jetties, Haystacks/Icebreakers one can get with a boat without running into trouble? Anything hidden under the surface around the rocks, or can you get pretty close? I've heard the rocks are good for stripers in the Fall and the shoal for flounder in the summer.

·
Registered
303 Posts
It is a very fishy area....but gets a lot of pressure. There is a rip right off the north end of the wall that hold stripers in the fall...but it is one of those spots you have to be there real early....gets a lot of pressure and once the boats show up the fish shut down.

The hay stacks hold tog...guys tie right up to them...not much of a worry for submerged rocks etc....I troll around them in the fall fro stripers and catch my share there.

There is a shoal inside the outer wall that holds flounder croaker and trout at times....and just north of the wall is an area called the shears that hold the same.

Alot of good structure around there. good luck.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My daughter & I fish it for a change of scenery and have had good fun. No worries you can navigate safely around the whole area including between the stacks.

On the west end of the stacks the mounds are very low yet at high tide easily distinguisable.

Check the area out between the state park beach and outer wall too!

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
I haven't fished the stacks in quite a few years now but I used to catch a lot of weakies drifting between them using a bucktail and purple worms.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
DE Side of the Stacks and the rip at the north end of the outer wall have been producing keeper fluke for us fairly consistently. A lot of sharks out there as well. Long passes are key in both spots.
B-

·
Registered
81 Posts
There are no fish around the Lewes Jetties, Haystacks/Icebreakers. It's treacherous moving a boat around the rocks. Fish moved out a few years ago so save your gas. ;) ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts