BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking forward to The Atlantic City Boat Show again this year! I will be working with the ultimate tackle provider again, Tournament Cable. Stop by and see the newest innovations that Chuck has created.

I have also been asked to prepare a seminar for the RFA this year. My time slot will be Sunday February 5th at 1 pm. So if your planning on coming down, we'd love to see you.

I plan on reviewing my favorite fishery "Trolling the Southern Cayons"!!
Some of the subjects I will talk about include:

Sea Surface Temps

Ballyhoo Prep

Dredges and Teasers

The Spread

Trolling Speed

The Bite

While we all have decent knowledge on these subjects, I want to share the nuances that I have learned over the last 30 years to help improve your catch. I'll be bringing examples of how I set up my 32 ft Center Console to capitalize on the Pelagics that visit the Edge during our season. Hope to see you at The Show!

View attachment 53627

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
I will stop by and say hi after I drool over the 32 Sea VEE like I did a couple years ago...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yep!

I'll be there, Franz! Look forward to seminar.

You going to show a clip of that whale shark this past summer!?! What a creature.

Dimitry

·
Registered
327 Posts
Franz I will be there! When your done giving me all of your secrets will you then teach me how to be a sailor?:) Maybe I can start by stealing all the tp out of the bathrooms!

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
I will stop by and say hi after I drool over the 32 Sea VEE like I did a couple years ago...

Frans' SEAVEE is hands down the nicest center console I've been on.

I loved the diesiel inboard, and he has it set up to fish offshore like no other I've seen.

Frans I wont be there but you can fill me in on the secrets another day!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Libation charters will be in our booth all during the show so stop by. Franz is very experienced and always more than willing to share.I'm sure between the both of us we can help you out.

I have seen his outline for his subject matter during his seminar and if I have the chance to leave our booth I'll be sitting in too. It looks very informative.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ac

Franz don't know if I will be their but I would suggest it to anyone having trouble finding the fish!!! Franz pulled us onto the bite many times last summer he's also vary free with the pertinent info !! But he does have trouble figuring out where he is because his plotter is set at.075, be there if I can franz

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the kind words fellas. We were very lucky to get that June Gulf Stream water and then have it hang around for a month. What a great year to start the new business.... 800 hours so far and still fishin.

She is my first inboard diesel and I won't be in any hurry to go back to outboards! We raised more marlin this season (except during the YCSH tournament!) than 9 years of running the Reg! I fish for meat, but truely enjoy putting a charter on a mixed bag.

Hope to see all you (wise) guys at the show!

View attachment 53685

View attachment 53686

View attachment 53687

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got up to AC this morning bright and early to set up the booth and beat the crowds. We are at the same spot # 626.

Chuck and I both thought the show looked bigger this year. No curtain stretched across the western end!

Don't forget to stop by and say hello, or checkout my Seminar for the
RFA on Sunday at 1pm.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The show has officially started! Come by and see Kelly, Chuck and Franz in the Tournament Cable Booth (look for the spread dangling from the outriggers). It's going to be a great show, so stop on by!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi Franz, if I get to the show, you will be the first stop. Hope all is well and am looking forward to fishing on your boat one time this summer. Nick:D

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Day 2 , sure can't beat this weather!! I think the links saw more traffic on Wednesday than the Convention Center!

Hey Nick, look forward to seeing you and the 5 Foot Assasin!

Don't miss the RFA Seminars in the back LH corner of the Marine Marketplace.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Capt Franz

I am going to try and stop by on Sunday to hear the seminar. If you need any help with proper anchor retrieving, again, and again and again just let me know:D That is one of my specialties:thumbsup:
Should be a great Boat show this year. I stopped by and was highly impressed by how big the show is this year, compared to the past few years. Tournament Cable's booth is pimped out as usual with all kinds of awesome Offshore & Inshore trolling gear. If those teasers and dredges can't raise fish, nothing will.... They are sweeeet:bow:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Day 3 is looking better already. The crowds are lined up at the door. We are having alot of interest in Tournament Cable's Double and Triple Tiered Dredges. Don't worry about carrying heavy product around the show, Chuck and Kelly are offering free shipping for any Show purchases.

Kudos to Capt Jerry for his anchor retrival skills! We worked his rear end off the other day, and he kept on smiling all day. Tog in the box always helps too!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well its been four days of working a 10 by 10 ft booth with Chuck!!
Good thing Kelly and I have great sense of humor!!

Have not heard of too many boat sales, but the traffic was good on Friday and looks better today.

The RFA Seminars have been getting good turnouts, if you are down on Super Bowl Sunday check out my Canyon Trolling Seminar at 1 pm.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Super Bowl Sunday!! The show has been a success for LIBATION CHARTERS and TOURNAMENT CABLE! We are booking charters and selling Chuck's highly innovative Offshore creations.

We had to send Chuck back to the shop twice to get more product. Stop by the booth (626) to see what's new for this season.

If you are coming down today, my seminar for the RFA starts at 1pm.
Hope to see you at the show!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Great seminar!

Franz,

Thanks for the great seminar! It was definitely very informative!!! Sometimes the difference between catching a limit and catching the skunk is measured in inches!!

Point being, I believe it's the little things that separates an Ok day from a great day.

I'm definitely going implement some of the tips you discussed yesterday! Great stuff!

Thanks again!

Dave

1 - 20 of 22 Posts