BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got bored today while working alone in our shop.
So I decided to go lifting test of Black Hole Silk C-701M rod with which I fished fluke in Wachapreague, VA yesterday.

The 7' rod is so light and sensitive, but gives enough stiffness for jigging fluke. It reminds me of my old GLoomis rods.

It weighs only 4.1 oz and line rating is 8 lb - 14 lb, but I was not sure it is strong enough to lift 3 - 5 lb fluke.
So I lifted one gallon of water slowly and I started bouncing with the one gallon of water as I got confidence more. The rod didn't broke !!

My new fluke rod is born. :)

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's price for rod ?
I used a sample rod. I am trying to choose a right fluke rod among many Black Hole inshore rods.
This particular model looks great for fluke. I went down to Wachapreague, VA to test the rod before season opens here.
When they are available, price will be around $250.

Among Gloomis rods, 7' 852 or 853 models are very similar.
GLX 853 weighs 4.8 oz and GL2 853 weighs 5.5 oz.

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
489 Posts
What happened to the Cygnus? I started using it last year for bucktailing fluke. It was great, plus I like a rod no longer than 6'6" for bucktailing fluke. I feel like I get a better "snap" and action to the bucktail

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What happened to the Cygnus? I started using it last year for bucktailing fluke. It was great, plus I like a rod no longer than 6'6" for bucktailing fluke. I feel like I get a better "snap" and action to the bucktail
Cygnus is great rod for fluke.
Black Hole Cygnus and Shot Gun rod is excellent for normal fluking.
Black Hole Silk C-701M rod is a finesse rod with lighter tip.
I can't wait to test the rod for big fluke in Peconic Bay, LI.

---------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts