BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of 8 to 12 pound line do you guys prefer when you are doing a lot of casting in the back, jigs,plugs,etc..
What is your favorite small light spinning reel to use, considering weight, overall use and price.
I am going to buy a few new light spin rigs for back water and fla. winter back water and appreciate the barners input.
Blackfin

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
blackfinjerry said:
What type of 8 to 12 pound line do you guys prefer when you are doing a lot of casting in the back, jigs,plugs,etc..
What is your favorite small light spinning reel to use, considering weight, overall use and price.
I am going to buy a few new light spin rigs for back water and fla. winter back water and appreciate the barners input.
Blackfin
Penn Sargus 2000 or Penn 420ssg would be by choice

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The Shimano Stradics are excellent light reels.

Trilene XL for light line.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
blackfinjerry said:
Blackfin
I like Shimano Sustains they run around 250.00 as for line I use 30lb PowerPro. For rods I like G.loomis, St.Croix and Lamiglas in that order.

These are my go to Set-ups For Back Bay
For weekfish I am Using:

Shimano Sustain 20lb PP and a loomis HSR 9300S 7'9" MAg Medium 1/4 - 5/8ozEx-Fast Action GL3

For Bass:

Custom Lamigals 901MT 7' 6" rated 1/4 -1 1/2oz with a Shimano Sustain 30lb PP

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
If you want to stay on the frugal side go with a Shimano Spheros 4000 w/ 20#pp and an All Star MH 3/8-1oz.

·
Registered
815 Posts
fishypete said:
If you want to stay on the frugal side go with a Shimano Spheros 4000 w/ 20#pp and an All Star MH 3/8-1oz.
I agree with pete, but you can go even cheaper in the Shimano family and still have a great fishing set up:)

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
quantum cabo , is bar non the smoothest spin reel ive used, it specializes in corrosion resistance...

for line in the 8-15# test range Fire line is the right choice

Test higher than that

I prefer #20 and #30 pp

i also like allstar rods, nice and economical

1 - 7 of 7 Posts