BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my life I have fished with Mono, from Crappie to Salmon and even (with the exception of 2 foot of leader material) Striper, Flounder and Drum fish. Lately I have been considering testing a Braid or Flourocarbon and was curious what other use for Bass fishing. To be perfectly honest since I don't catch fish for a living and take more pleasure out of the actual catching of the fish than the number of fish I am not sure I will even switch. . . I wonder if we have let technology run wild in our pursuit of fish. . .

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I use braid normally 10# test...except my ultralights which have 6 or 8...don't remember which (my catfish baticaster has 30iirc). I find that I lose less tackle to snags, and the zero stretch helps for those gentle winter takes. I've always been a spiderwire user, as the others have let me down I. The past, but I'm giving suffix and power pro another chance on my salt rods this season. IMO there is no reason not to switch to braid from mono. If your worried about an unfair advantage, use the same weight light just in braid. The nice thing about doing that is or cast will be longer and more effortless because the thinner diameter will mean less resistance to the cast. Also if you break off your less likely to lose a significant amount of line. Now mind you these are my opinions, ymmv

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Ive used alot of lines the past few years and my favorites have been...

1. Berkley Transoptic - #4/#6/#8 for all the spinning rigs, and #10/#12 for baitcaster. Love the visability, cast just as good as trilene xl.

2. Berkley Pro Braid - #15, sometimes used on a spinning rig, #30 for catfishing, stuff is super smooth, never breaks.

3. Trilene xl - the old standby ;)

I was disappointed with most p-line products, thought it had alot of memory, berkley nanofil, was in love at first, then it start shredding and was losing fish and lures... Havent found a flouro i liked yet, think its all too stiff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.