BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got back from fishing the Beesley's Point bridge. I would normally never mention a specific place, but this time I had to. There is trash EVERYWHERE over there. All along the shoulder of the road, on the bridge, and on the island between the two bridges. Coffee cups, plastic bags, beer cans, beer cartons, cigarette packs, stryofoam containers for chicken, discarded fishing line, bait containers, and tackle packaging. Whomever is leaving this stuff there, you suck ***.

Since the bridge is closed, it's a nice place to fish as far as easy, open access to some nice water. However, I don't know how much longer the owners of the bridge will allow people to use the bridge if the trash continues to pile up like it is currently.

If anyone that has left their trash there reads this, then you should really question whether or not you think it helps not only the environment, but also the access that we currently have for this place. I don't think it does.

I'll end this by saying that you are a littering scumball. I have nothing but hate for you. :mad:

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Well said doyle! I was fishing a well known bridge the other day and it too was completely covered in all types of trash from fisherman. There were two trash cans 10 feet away people!

·
Registered
805 Posts
I also would like to say something to some asshole who threw a a striper problay around 30 inches in a little lake in gloucester! It was floating belly up this morning.I usually get a quick fix at this little pond before work and was surprised to see something like that dead in the water.wtf!

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's a shame :(
The fact that these a-holes ruin (and can lose) fishing spots, but more importly, sh*t on the environment like that. It's a low class of person who does this (not financially, but morally). They've had mommy clean up after them their whole lives and they'll teach that to their friends and kids.
All we can do is help a little when we clean up after ourselves - and get your fishing buddies into the same habit ... pick up after others on your way to the trash can, or if fishing is slow, wrap up 5 minutes early and do a quick pick up - always leave the beach with more than what you've come with. It's not the answer but it's a help.
It shouldn't be this way but there will always be scumbags no matter what you do.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Seeing trash all over the place drives me nuts, what also drives me nuts is how many fisherman will walk right by a public trashcan that's been accidentaly tipped over. WTF? just put it right side up & put the trash that fell out of it back in. Are you afraid of getting your hands dirty? You're fishing for fk's sake, you're dirty anyway!!!!

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
You have to take a test to hunt but any A-Hole can go fishing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts