BASS BARN banner

" Little Debbie" & Bass Off the Beach with Bellies

784 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  THECHUMSTAIN 
#1 ·
We had the "Skeeter" charter with us today for their 4th Bass Trip this year. Well the wind was huffin pretty good in the a.m. and the crew was looking to chunk, so we hit the beach off Wildwood.

We were joined by Numerous charter cappy's and started our bellie ritual. It took just over an hour today for the scent to kick in, then it was a consistant bite through the tide, going 12 for 18 with most of the bass being slots, a few tweeners and 2 over 36'.

It slowed after an hour once the tide change. The charter was tickled to just hang out and try the chunkin thing, while they enjoyed numerous alcoholic beverages.

The clam bellies Fred imports and sells out of " NO BONES Bait and tackle" are a great stand by if you like to chunk and want to stay close.

I talked to Adam bomb, Blue Runner and Topshelf as well as a few others and they reported the action to be very good in the rips. I would have loved to be there but today we chunked and caught, so it was a good day.

[ 11-14-2004, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: seadated ]

See less See more
#3 ·
Yo what about the fine dining we enjoyed???? I forgot we were fishin. I worked hard over a hot stove for a while. The menue had, naturally striped bass cooked in pickle juice and seasonings special with cajun shark as I was serving the group their hot and cold beverages of choice throughout the day. Next time I am bringin veggies so we can round out the nutriants :eek: :D

Hot and cold Brandy by Bill
Buds and XXX
Root Beer for me
Hot coffee
Spring water
Gatoraide
Fresh cooked striper
Fresh cooked shark of the day cajun style ( I have converted dogfish eaters now) ;) :D
I was the only one with desert, Klondike Bars the rest were too cold to eat Ice Cream I haven't put the shorts away yet. :D

#4 ·
Sorry John about leaving that out of my post, How could I have forgotten. Next time we will have to try the skate. Circle cut their wings and broil them up, taste like scallops. ;) :cool:

#5 ·
Hi Capt....Why are you chunking off the beach and not in the bay? Just the wind direction or tide? Is it the because of the water temp.Just lookin' to learn...
Thanks,
Ed

#6 ·
We picked the beach so we could zip to the rips if needed.

Clam bellies and the Fall Bass run down the beach make for a great combination. The quality of fish their are smaller than the bay, but the numbers are bigger.

YOu should stop by and see Fred at " NO BONES" we will hook you up.

I hope this helped.

#10 ·
Originally posted by THECHUMSTAIN:
Yo what about the fine dining we enjoyed???? I forgot we were fishin. I worked hard over a hot stove for a while. The menue had, naturally striped bass cooked in pickle juice and seasonings special with cajun shark as I was serving the group their hot and cold beverages of choice throughout the day. Next time I am bringin veggies so we can round out the nutriants :eek: :D

Hot and cold Brandy by Bill
Buds and XXX
Root Beer for me
Hot coffee
Spring water
Gatoraide
Fresh cooked striper
Fresh cooked shark of the day cajun style ( I have converted dogfish eaters now) ;) :D
I was the only one with desert, Klondike Bars the rest were too cold to eat Ice Cream I haven't put the shorts away yet. :D
yo john, i dont see any eels or bunker on that menu. whats up with that?? :rolleyes:

#11 ·
HEY CHUM, WHEN YOUR IN THERE COOKING IN THE GALLEY,AND SERVING BEVERAGES AND HORDERVES, DO YOU WEAR A MINI DRESS AND PUMPS AND A HOLTER TOP? IF SO IM BOOKEN A TRIP BEFORE THIS SEASON IS DONE ! MAYBE I LL TUCK A BUCK OR TWO IN THAT THONG !, WHAT SIZE WOULD THAT THONG BE ? OR DO YOU JUST YANK THOSE JOE BOXERS SO FAR UP THERE IT JUST LOOKS LIKE A THONG , LMFAO !!!!, MAN I CAN ONLY IMAGIN, HELL WITH THE SKIDS MORE LIKE A TRAIN RECK.--- JUST MESSIN WITH YA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.