BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our open boat tuna charter with ring leader Josh Dietch went off with out a hitch on this past sat morning. We had a few other barners on the boat, Rich Decembrino and Mike. I was headed for the Baltimore and had lines in at 4:30 am but with the water not looking good we slid over to the Hot Dog and got our 1st YFT in the boat by 7:30 am, and picked up another YFT in the 30 lb. range by 8:30, again in the 30 - 35lb range. The last YFT came over the rail about 10:00 as we were leaving the Hot DOg and headed over to the Hambone.
We managed to pick up 3 gaffer dolphin while at the Dog.

The water was 72.8, with pockets of really nice water. The YFT ate a bird/ green machine, pink ilanderw/ bally and a green spreader bar, the dolphin ate all skirted bally's/

We worked our way to the Hambone, but struck out over there with tuna but managed 2 slammer blues, The stop was the Chicken Bone and we hooked up with a nice BFT, we had it one for about 20 minutes and it spit the hook behind the boat, I was pissed but hey we did get three, when alot of other boats got nothing.

SUNDAY:
We had the David Rosenberg charter from Philadelphia out with us today.
Capt. Andy ran back to our numbers from the day before and immediately started beating up on the YFT. The dog had again some really nice pockets of water and was hovering around 72.8-73 degrees.
Although the boat traffic was very heavy, The Little Debbie was able to pull YFT out consistantly all day long, ending the day with 8 YFT to 60 lbs.

Capt Andy did a great job putting the charter on some nice fish, When most of the boats were complaining that the traffic put the fish down, and again proving that the old man of the sea Capt Andy can produce consistanly and why he is one of the best in South Jersey.

We have some really good dates still available and will be looking to fill the boat for the SJ TUNA TOURNAMNET.

Give us a call or shoot me an e-mail anytime.

We will be fishing the Viking Ocean Shoot out this weekend..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Nice report Phil.

Phil, thanks for the report. You guys always tell it like it is and share info on the water. I'd recommend any sportfisherman to you looking for a good honest crew who will put you on the meat.

Talk to you on the water.

635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott, We have fished together before, and you know this is how I like it. YOu hve to report whether it is good or bad. My problem this year has been that I have just not had the time to sit and write the report.

THanks again for the kind words.:)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Great Day!

What a great day we had on Saturday! Despite the predicted nasty weather that NOAA was predicting the day turned out pretty good. Capt. Phil and Spencer worked their a.. off to put a few fish in the boat even though we lost a very very nice bluefin 15 yards from the boat. We had a tuna rookie on the boat but it was well worth it to see her reaction when we started to land a few tunas. Great day on the water with the "Little Debbie" team and I am looking forward to throw some meat around on a overnighter come next month! Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts