BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here we go! I uncover the boat today! Welcome back and hope we can get a sticky, I'll message the Mods. Good Luck and please let's keep this to fishing, there are other threads for your political opinions. I will wet a line at the dock today, hopefully some white perch around.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The fish are here, so lets catchem up. I might take the boat on the mullica this weekend if I don't have work. I'll get some bloodworms but I'll mainly throw some gulp paddle shads.
Good luck to all this season and hopefully the reports start to pile up.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a beautiful day, removed the Fisher cover by myself and it took less time than I thought, probably could have been easier with help but not too bad. Removed the LU and will replace the water pump tomorrow, haven't done one in over 20 years, I thought I had it done before but the bolts didn't look like they had any never seize on them and they didn't come out easy. Tomorrow should be great to get a bunch of work done. I ordered a Viking life raft and will be happy to have it as I venture further off shore this year, I hope to make it to the Lindy if the fans take a break this year.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Changed WP yesterday, took me most of the day but seemed good, tested it today and was pumping water and motor stayed cool but wouldn't go into gear, dropped ti down and totally missed the shifter tube, played around and got her working. Ran her again and everything working great.
Changed the fuel filter under the cowl, that took a little while but figured it out, bought all parts from Sim.
I had a couple of grease fitting that I couldn't get to behind the steering cylinder and had some 45 degree ones that I bought last year, took a while to figure out how to change but was able to remove them with an 8mm socket and a small pair of channel locks. I was able to grease the area and am very happy. I bought one of those small Carbyne Grease guns and the reviews were fantastic but ...
Making slow progress!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello there fellas,
Been lurking on here for a while and figure I'd check in. Been fishing the GB area for as long as I can remember. My grandfather started over at Captain Mike's, then over to Great Bay Marina. We've been there for over 10 years, but this year I'm making the jump to Sheltered Cove. Late last year I was very fortunate to upgrade to a NorthCoast 255.
I'm not very familiar with the north side of the peninsula, so if any of you are also out of SC, I'd love to pick your brain sometime.

I'm hoping to put in when the slips open in April.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow nice looking PH, I would have considered one if they were at the 2017 ACBS. I really wasn't looking to buy but I ended up getting a 23 Miami. The only PH boats were Parker, Sea Ox, and Defiant. I would have liked to see a Northcoast and Judge but no show. Going out of Tuckerton Creek it's real shallow at the mouth at low tide, channel is straight out until you get to Story Island then you have to be careful, stay in the channel it's marked well. Follow the markers out to the inlet, there is another channel following the sods out but I would wait on that one if you cut the wrong corner you'll be stuck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks, yes, I've run the marked channel twice so far with the old boat from the GB side on a couple trial runs. I've witnessed some boats cutting some corners, but definitely heard that it's tricky. I guess I was wondering if cutting the corners was worth the risk.

Yea, so the history on the NorthCoast 255 is that it came out 2019 as a 2020 model.
I did check in on the Judge 27, but they are a bit flatter in the back as far as the open ocean is concerned. Of course, all boats are a compromise.
Are you at a marina down there, or private slip?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hello there fellas,
Been lurking on here for a while and figure I'd check in. Been fishing the GB area for as long as I can remember. My grandfather started over at Captain Mike's, then over to Great Bay Marina. We've been there for over 10 years, but this year I'm making the jump to Sheltered Cove. Late last year I was very fortunate to upgrade to a NorthCoast 255.
I'm not very familiar with the north side of the peninsula, so if any of you are also out of SC, I'd love to pick your brain sometime.
The new boat will continue with the family name, Navigator IV...
View attachment 478851

I'm hoping to put in when the slips open in April.
Gorgeous boat!

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm in West Creek but I spent most of my life on Tuckerton Creek, you'll pass by my dad's first summer home on Angler Road and then our full time house at the end of the creek, white house 2nd on the bay, one of few houses on Parker Rd that survived.
You'll figure it out just try not to remove too much paint from your skeg but since your from GBM you know, it only really hurts for the first 3 years.
Mine is a 2017 and I'm spending my time in the places that are hard to clean and reach. I have a blue seas switch and ACR buried under the transom and I took them apart and cleaned all of the contacts. Tomorrow I'm powerwashing topsides and that under transom area, then I have to put everything back together.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought they were going to dredge Tuckerton creek because I saw a dredge out by Story Island and there was a track hoe there. I thought they were building up the basins to pump spoils, that was 12/13. I go down to the end of Green St every now and then and there has been no activity. They dredged West Creek and most of the equipment is gone, the word is that they will dredge Mill Creek, Parkertown, and Tuckerton. If you go down Parkertown dock road there is a huge dredge there that can go 10' deep but it's been sitting there a while.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I thought they were going to dredge Tuckerton creek because I saw a dredge out by Story Island and there was a track hoe there. I thought they were building up the basins to pump spoils, that was 12/13. I go down to the end of Green St every now and then and there has been no activity. They dredged West Creek and most of the equipment is gone, the word is that they will dredge Mill Creek, Parkertown, and Tuckerton. If you go down Parkertown dock road there is a huge dredge there that can go 10' deep but it's been sitting there a while.
I heard they were dredging Tuckerton Creek as well, haven't heard any updates though.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Progress continues, I getting to be a Yamaha tech, learning as I go. I'm doing the 500 hour service a bit early and I'm very happy with how everything looks. The engine anodes were in great shape, 2 That were changed were under the valve cover and everything under it was very clean, and no salt build up noted. The thermostat was clean but was replaced. I've always flushed the motor while warm and I guess that works great. I'm getting a little closer every day!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good to hear @Vitalsigns , what motor do you have? I've taken an advanced look through the service manual for my F250s, and for the ones under the valve covers, they suggest new gaskets, and a small dab of gasket maker at the top of the motor in the creases.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did see a small dab of grey gasket maker it the top, I wasn't prepared for a new gasket, I watched a couple of videos on youtube and no one used a new gasket one guy said to run it up to temp and check for leaks. I have no leaks but I'll have to check again after I run it in the water. It was no trouble to remove and replace except for the bunch of bolts. I have a 2007 200I4

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok, fair enough. I'm getting excited for sure. First full season with the new ride for me.
Not looking forward to gas prices though...ugh.
Does anyone by any chance have a dock box in decent shape they're willing to sell?

1 - 20 of 133 Posts