BASS BARN banner
181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey, thanks! We'll have to meet up at some point. I need to pick the brain of someone who's fished that side of peninsula.
One of my buddies got 5 keepers today. Man, what a difference a day makes.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Went out to a few wrecks on Sunday for some Sea Bass, no none stop action but a good pick. We were able to put 45 keepers in the box for a 6 man crew, didn't limit but it was a good day all around. Hit a few short flounder and some tog on the top and bottom clam rigs when targeting the sea bass as well.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Asphalt Wood

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Went out Tuesday for a bit, went and tried drifting a wreck in 70', wind kept me from staying on for more than 1 drop, tried a couple of different jigs with squid and caught a few shorts then gave up. I never do well drifting, so I decided I'll just plan on anchoring from now on. It was nice and cool out there and got to play around with the radar, I tracked a C7 flying low about a mile away, first time I ever saw an aircraft on the radar.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Those are some real nice bass, congrats and thanks for the report.
I fished from mikes on monday, 2 shorts. 1 right at 17" but "The man" was out and about and it was first drift. So we threw it back. Fished the channel never tried the flat, from the 17 can to the fish factory. No minnows... but it seemed like from the reports it was a early am bite on the incoming. Outgoing seemed to suck for everybody. Tuesday a buddy limited out(3 man) in the bay. So maybe monday just got hit too hard all weekend or the new moon?
Might get out sunday but I think I'm gonna have to work so I can get my boat on Wednesday. Sure would be nice to have the whole day off the day I bring home the new boat. Damn pools...

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Don't worry you'll have your new baby soon, I can still remember when I picked up the Shenanigans and drove her home. I didn't get a trailer and had to drive home from Toms River, it was an amazing day even though it rained, lucky it was a PH! I had no electronics and navigated with my phone and free navionics.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Tried drifting in the bay yesterday, started close to home and the moved down to Great Bay, tried at the usual spots but didn't go to the stakes. Good sized fleet around 130 and didn't get any hits, never saw anyone grab a net. Moved behind Holgate for the top of the tide and only caught 1 dog. Drifts were nice and it was a beautiful day but not even a short. I did hear of fluke in the ocean, anyone have any intel on that?

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's good to hear. I had the unfortunate experience of hitting a completely submerged buoy years ago with my old boat. Thankfully it missed the hull and only took out the lower unit.

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Had an appt this morning and when I got to the dock the wind was honkin so I decided to do some polishing. I'm trying Rupp's Aluma guard this year and had some cockpit areas that I didn't get to. Bought some bunker and set out some handlines and brought home 4 nice jimmies, was hoping for more but it was great to eat some crabs tonight.

181 - 200 of 236 Posts