BASS BARN banner
241 - 260 of 278 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Caught a couple of keepers on a plain minnow at the edge of the inlet. Went out front to the bunker pods and live lined some bunker. 3 big fish on and all three bit off 160 lb coated wire.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Got to the ramp at 7:00 this morning, raining/blowing NE. Watched the radar for 15 mins while the wind steadily increased. Threw the rain gear on and started to untie the boat. After about 10 mins outside of the truck we decided to call it. Not one truck or trailer was at the marina. Seen a few crabbers on the blvd, crabbing was probably our best bet for something to do from land. Last night bouyweather said 3-6 knots ENE, this morning they said something like 20 to 23 NE. Lesson learned, check the forecast before the hour long drive to the bay. I don't mind rain but not a fan of windy sideways rain. We'll try again tuesday morning hopefully.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nice fish Lippy

We launched around 8:30 this morning, winds were blowin a little harder then expected. S wind was gettin it by 10ish, wind against the tide. Half a$* attempt for bass blues first thing, hopin to see some peanuts to throw the net at(brought the livewell). Nothin but a few turtles in the creek, no peanuts at all.
Flounder fishin was tough, biting but not committing. Then just no bites, gave up on that area. Moved to a little ditch(11'/77*) next to a bar and fishin got better. Wind just had me screwed up today so we ended up working the ditch with real short drifts(3-5 mins). Got 4 shorts as soon as we got some meat(sea robin), they were the 1st flounder of the day. Brother boxed a 18.1" flounder on 3rd or 4th drift. Picked 2 more shorts just before tide was done. Ran back in w/ just enough water to get out. Water 74-77, meat was the ticket for hookups. Fished 32' to 4', more fish in 4-11' then the deep for us

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ran out to LE today - thousand robins tearing up gulp. Wind got ugly and fished inlet- tons of shorts - 17” biggest

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
Sounds like a tough day out there. Wind was blowing good out of SSW this afternoon. Probably 25-30.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Made a left out of LEI on a friends boat. Seas were pretty decent with decent drifts for the most part. We had a steady pick all day, hot and cold. We ended up w/ 5 for the box, 23" was the biggest and probably 25 shorts. Had some nice size sea robins that would of made some nice strip baits. Wind steadily picked up threw out the day and tightened up the swells. Slow ride back in but not beat up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got to LE reef and all shorts and robins so i started to head north past red tower and the motor decided to act up-could not get over 2400rpm. loooong ride back with no fish-started to troll with the slow ride and got some bluefish. Funny i got the blues! hope its just the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You did way better then me, I didn't catch 1 flounder. My brother and I managed 1 little shark each. Fished 7:30 to 2:00, s/se wind was feisty. Tried all the normal spots first, then drifted icw to first break in the bar and headed towards inlet. Couple trashy bites near inlet, seen some birds that the "starfish" chummed up. Went back to rusty tower, middle bay/stakes, cape horn, channel in front of mikes nothin. Should of spent the day in the creeks and tried for stripers/blues/weakies. I was due for a skunkin, even went by a wicked smelling roadkill skunk on the way down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the late report. LE Reef Saturday had a few nice flounder for the box along with more sea robins than I can remember. Lots of small flounder also. Fish were tight to structure.

241 - 260 of 278 Posts