BASS BARN banner

101 - 120 of 172 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hopefully we can get out at least one day this weekend if not both. I don't mind rain but I do mind 15mph winds. It's gotta be 10 or less for me to fish the bay, I'd like to try the backside of the fish factory this weekend. Possibly launch from great bay marina, capt. mikes, cape horn. Fish the creeks then the ditches around 7 islands.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'll be out fishing this weekend, in the rain it looks like(as of today)... Hopefully there are some fish around, I haven't heard much lately.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Hopefully we can get out at least one day this weekend if not both. I don't mind rain but I do mind 15mph winds. It's gotta be 10 or less for me to fish the bay, I'd like to try the backside of the fish factory this weekend. Possibly launch from great bay marina, capt. mikes, cape horn. Fish the creeks then the ditches around 7 islands.
Was @ Capt Mikes for 4 seasons, Tim's a great guy!

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
can we get this thread made sticky?
I finally figured out how to report threads. I 'reported' the 2020 and this one with notations/request to boost this to a sticky. If that doesn't get attention.......then we will see if I ever hit 10,000 posts lol

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks like we’re sticky now!

Gave it a try this morning. Had two swirls throwing plugs, never actually hit. Trolled a bunch, marked a crap load of fish but didn’t have a touch. Worked all over.

Got gas at Great Bay and they mentioned rumors of blues being around. I didn’t see anything pointing to that, should be close though.

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Tried for drum and bass behind Beach Haven but the snot grass was very heavy so we switched gears and took our clams outside for seabass, couldn't get anchored over the small pieces that were available. My anchor line started to act up, guess it's time for 8 plait, rode that came with the boat started to unravel. We caught a bunch, they were very hungry but only came home with 4 just keepers, no big knotheads but it was an amazing day. No real skill needed to wreck fish anymore, just have to push a button and have a few extra bucks. I feel like such a dinosaur.

·
Registered
9,997 Posts
Today the IBSP boats can't catch a fish under 38" and are belly aching that all the fish are 'too big'

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
hit the ac reef solo sat for seabass
i'd find a wreck, pull up 3- go to get back on the wreck & someone would jump in that spot. So had to go to another.
A couple of times, a boat would pull up so close Fauci would be pissed.
5 keepers total would have been a lot more if folks weren't a pain, many shorts.
nice day!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I did well this weekend on the wrecks, did my best to stay away from everyone. Kept 15 Saturday with the wife on board, threw away plenty of 12 1/2 - 13" fish. Easily caught our limit. Same on Sunday with my cousin but kept 20.

101 - 120 of 172 Posts