BASS BARN banner

121 - 140 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
When the water is on the cold side i have found gulp not as good as fresh strips mackerel/herring. Soon as water gets up to somewhere around 62 i find gulp to be better, maybe it's just me but I thought i would put it out there anyway if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've been workin 7 days a week 12+ hours a day to get sat/sun off. At this point I'm still not sure if I'll get out both days. But if I am, I'll be on the channel w/ some kind of strip bait/minnows/gulp. I like a small, ball head bucktail w/ gulp shrimp and a bare minnow on a naked hook on top. I will of course try the normal 4/5/6" gulp as well.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'll be out and about, expecting a parking lot in the bay as it looks like the ocean might be a little bumpy.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Won't be out at all this week, 1 day off and have to go to MD for wellness check. I hate going to doctors when there is nothing wrong but if you don't they won't be there when something is. I guess they gotta eat too. I had to replace my anchor rode, the 3 strand decided to unravel fishing the wrecks last week. I bought an 8 plait so hopefully the windlass works better now, we'll see, I have a great anchor locker but the windlass is positioned over the part that has the least fall. I will probably kill the Lewmar someday and get a Good, then move it back. The lewmars are not that easy to kill, I never tie off and frequently use it to pull the anchor out of the mud w/o the using the motor to break it loose. That's the things that your not supposed to do. Good luck on the fluke, hope you guys get some monsters, please eat some dogfish, I hear they're tasty, fry them up.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Planning on going out tomorrow morning and then hit the ocean.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Went to cape horn and didn't see a ramp and nobody home. Went to mikes most boats were sitting in the mud, 2 boats were stuck 20 yards from ramp blocking hole channel. Went to great bay marina and still didn't have enough water. Finally went to chestnut neck, started at gravelly point area nothin... Went towards stink house nothin, finally found a little ditch in the middle of the bay and got 2 shorts and lost a doormat. Big one was probably 26+"s spit the hook when I was pin wheelin her waiting for the net. I kept her about a foot down with rod tip in water when pin wheelin but not my day. I would of put her back anyway but a quick measurement a pic would of been nice. Net man was slackin...
Water went from 72 to 56 degrees, water temp was 64 where we ended up catchin. Nats were terrible once they found ya. I hate boat rides but tonight was one of the most enjoyable rides ever. Cool water made the air temp perfect, slick calm and no nats obviously when movin. Gonna try to get the outgoing tomorrow, that cold ocean water on the incoming was dropping the water temp a degree roughly every 5 mins.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tried it in the afternoon with no luck. Water was cold on the incoming. Got checked by the fish police when I pulled into my slip. No fish no problem....

·
Registered
376 Posts
I took some paint off my skeg this Saturday morning attempting to exit the creek behind fish factory ocean side. I followed my marks from last year but the small channel shifted a bit. When I have the bow down and jackplate full up, my boat runs skinny, but not that skinny. I was off about 6 feet.

Big thanks to the Rhodan trolling motor for helping me hump the boat off. It pulled while I pushed.

The water is still cold in case you were wondering.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
3k sounds a little light, I priced all the components and it was closer to 5 and that's with my labor.
I have the minn Kota ulterra paid 3k . It’s 36v 72” 3 batteries, charger,cables, connectors and material to mount it maybe another 600 . I installed it myself. I did upgrade it this season to link to a new hummingbird helix. 800 for the helix and about 500 for the upgraded parts for the minn kota

·
Registered
927 Posts
I took some paint off my skeg this Saturday morning attempting to exit the creek behind fish factory ocean side. I followed my marks from last year but the small channel shifted a bit. When I have the bow down and jackplate full up, my boat runs skinny, but not that skinny. I was off about 6 feet.

Big thanks to the Rhodan trolling motor for helping me hump the boat off. It pulled while I pushed.

The water is still cold in case you were wondering.
That’s brilliant ! We’re you steering it with the remote?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
I thought you needed the Yadina troll bridge as well to charge all of the batteries, which would be 5 on my boat. I like the convenience but I think I'll stick to my anchor for now. I guess I'll have to get an EMP for when you guys start to crowd me.

121 - 140 of 177 Posts