BASS BARN banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
That’s brilliant ! We’re you steering it with the remote?
Haha yea, had it max power while I was in the water pushing the a$$ of the boat. That little trolling motor is surprisingly powerful.

I thought you needed the Yadina troll bridge as well to charge all of the batteries, which would be 5 on my boat. I like the convenience but I think I'll stick to my anchor for now. I guess I'll have to get an EMP for when you guys start to crowd me.
You need the toll bridge if you want the outboard to charge up the trolling batteries while running. Otherwise a standard charger will work and you'll have to recharge before trips.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I thought you needed the Yadina troll bridge as well to charge all of the batteries, which would be 5 on my boat. I like the convenience but I think I'll stick to my anchor for now. I guess I'll have to get an EMP for when you guys start to crowd me.
I run a single 24v lithium battery and I take it home with me. It weighs 23 lbs.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I run a single 24v lithium battery and I take it home with me. It weighs 23 lbs.
Wow I wish I would of thought of that and got the 70lb motor rather then the 12v 55lb one i ordered. Plus the 70lb thrust motor is/was the only ipilot in stock when I ordered mine back in march.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
On another note anybody got any tips or a specific spray to keep the gnats tolerable? I wear long sleaves/pants, necky/pull over head mask thing. But when they started swarming us it was borderline too much even w/ long pants/sleaves. Thanks for any tips for dealing w/ gnats.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
I have a head net, long sleeves and long pants, I've had it for years but this is the first time I tried it. I love it. Nothing else works for more than a couple of minutes. On another note I got out today and caught a nice fat 19", its official because F&G measured it too. I was using a 2 oz white bucktail with squid a minnow, a 1/4 oz chartreuse bucktail up top that did not get hit at all. Had a couple that destroyed the minnow but missed the hook. The bite was really weird, felt more like getting stuck than a fish.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks for the report, nice job on the 19". Saturday the weeds were so bad I almost took the bucktail off the bottom and just put a sinker on. Bucktail would be weeded up in 10 seconds, some spots weeds were on top/middle/bottom.
Hopefully sunday/monday will be decent. If it ain't blowin I'm going. I got some of those "fishbite" grubs that I wanna compare to gulp.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
I really don't mind the weeds too much but that snot grass in intolerable. When it's thick it ain't fishing, I can get it off the swivel easy by whipping the rod to the side but getting it off the rigs w/o loosing the bait is a different story. I had a few bites, they definitely destroyed the minnow, felt the weight, dropped back to let em eat, then come up with chewed bait.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Looks like Monday is my day, hopefully the weather man is right. If I get up early enough I'll try for bass at first then head to the bay. I'll probably head to the 7 island area but might try the south side of the bay. I saw a few ditches that looked promising on the south side on a chart. Should be a parking lot w/ NOAA's forecast. I'll check bouyweather tomorrow when mondays forecast will be available.

·
Registered
14,835 Posts
IMO the Bay / Back Bay may be like Chocolate Milk and maybe some debris but wish i was you you never know Good Luck !!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Slow today. Started later (10am) due to tide in early am. Nothing for several hours. Found a small area with some slow action and pounded it for a while. 1 keeper 3 throwbacks. Windy out there (but no bugs) and cold in am. Trolling motor worked out well - all bites with it on. Fished ICW between GB and Absecon. Ran aground at speed in the damn channel. Shined up my skeg. Having a rum on the couch now.😁

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Cold all morning and into early afternoon. Out going tide didn't really raise the water temp, highest all day was 60.5. Pulled the plug at 5:00 and headed for the ramp. I had one bite on a bobber rod dead sticked, never came tight. I saw 1 14ish" flounder caught all day. Weeds are still pretty bad but tolerable in the middle of the bay (10' ish). Tried the north side of bay hard, then went to the rusty water tower, moved off of there into deeper water where there was less weeds, finished the day off in the stakes south of the channel.
Tough day w/ wind against tide in morning/noonish and cool water temp according to my machine. Maybe too much freshwater run off? too cold? Launched from capt. mikes so at least I learned a new ramp/creek. Hopefully better next weekend... Can't get any worse for me

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Hey guys, it’s been awhile. Bought a house in Mystic last summer and have been busy making it my house. Also upgraded Froggy1 to a 29’ Century CC so I’ll be out searching for tuna this summer.
Tried to go out Monday with my son and a couple of his friends but the wind and temps were a little too much. I had a bad accident with a circular and my left hand back in February, with a lot of nerve damage, so when the temperature is below 65 degrees it causes a lot of pain. Hope to have a report this weekend...

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Oh and a shout out to Scott for starting the thread this year. Hope to catch up soon my friend.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts