BASS BARN banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Way ahead of me too--also need to get off my butt. Looking at may 1st maybee mid april if weather is nice

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I had a major delay too, damn dmv is only taking appointments. I got a appointment for the 23rd. I did get 2 new batteries, uscg safety gear, wiring connectors, switch panel, wires, liquid tape and shrinktube, bilge pump, vhf radio.

Good info on the ramps, seasonal pass sounds good. Launch anytime ya want I assume w/ seasonal ramp pass. I used to be at matts landing where the green heads were pretty bad, long pants and shirts is the best I found. Others used some kind of purple childrens gell bug spray, they even sold it at there b/t shop.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had a major delay too, damn dmv is only taking appointments. I got a appointment for the 23rd. I did get 2 new batteries, uscg safety gear, wiring connectors, switch panel, wires, liquid tape and shrinktube, bilge pump, vhf radio.

Good info on the ramps, seasonal pass sounds good. Launch anytime ya want I assume w/ seasonal ramp pass. I used to be at matts landing where the green heads were pretty bad, long pants and shirts is the best I found. Others used some kind of purple childrens gell bug spray, they even sold it at there b/t shop.
I wouldn't let their delay hold you back, as long as you have a receipt for the purchase. It's the DMV's fault you can't get everything done sooner. I ran my boat for months last summer before being able to get through to the DMV... Every time I went it was a 4-5 hour wait or they straight up turned me away because there was so many waiting already. I wasn't going to let them force me to keep my new boat out of the water because they can't get their $hit together.

Insanity.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Way too windy for a ride today. I still have some polishing to do, just a little left on the pilot house and the cockpit area. Hopefully I get pick up the modified "anchor light", Scan Strut makes a fine radar mount but the light has no way to lay it down w/o unbolting it. I have a guy welding a hinge on it so all I have to do is pull a pin.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I grabbed a slip in Sheltered Cove for the season and will be in by 4/15. Need to install a Rhodan and do some general clean up before then.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Tuckerton bait and tackle---338 S. Green 267 229 1485. Not sure when he opens for the season--Half way down street heading toward shelter cove. I am in Maritime Marina and have been using him for 4 years-if he don't have it he will get it for ya --call ahead. Usually has green crab-minnow-clam squid etc. Not much in the way of tackle but has all the necessary stuff

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm really starting to get the itch, just received my two new all around wreck/bottom fishing combos for the wife and I. I won a decent money fantasy football league this year and decided to blow it all on fishing.

The wife:
Purple Avet SXJ 5.3 single speed on a 6'6 MH Trevala.

Me:
Black Accurate Boss ValianBV2-400 2 Speed on a 6'6 H Trevala PX

They're both probably a little beefy for flounder but will work. What I like is they're both very lightweight. The Accurate setup should be able to handle almost anything inshore.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
As long as everything works out at the dmv on thursday I'm gonna give it a whirl on Saturday. I plan on launching at great bay marina, drive around just outside of the marina a little bit to make sure everything is good. If everything is good, I'll go back to the marina and buy bloodworms then throw the hook off the point somewhere...
When I slipped my boats on the maurice river we used sea tow. I was wondering if some one could recommend "sea tow" or "tow boat us" for the great bay. And one last question, what vhf channel do people use for the great bay?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I ended up going w/ tow boat us. I also got the boat registered today, glad that is over with. So Saturday AM it is, hopefully all is well w/ the boat. I'll leave a report good or bad.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
First trip of the year, started in the Mullica looking for perch with bloods, Holly Crap!! pricey, no perch but headed down river and found 8 short stripers on the middle of the outgoing. They started tiny and were getting close to keeper size until the wind blew up and shut off the bite. We stuck it out taking the chop broadside, typical wind against tide, for a bit and called it a day.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Made a right out of chestnut neck yesterday morning. Fished almost every creek mouth on the way to the mouth of the river. Off gravelly point was pretty damn windy at 12 o'clock but we gave it a shot for a hour. I had enough of the wind against the tide conditions. Tried a few more creek mouths on the way in anchoring at each one throwing every plug/paddle tail we had. Soaked bloodworms at every spot we anchored but only managed a crab and a small catfish.
On the way home in truck the river west of rt 9 looked pretty calm, so next time it's windy I'm headed that direction. If it's calm I'm off to the point again to throw the hook and soak bloods.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Brought the, new to me, boat back home to wax and change gear oil.
Registration appt on 4/5. Having a Strataglass enclosure with gull wings, console and seat cover
scheduled to start fabrication on the same day.
Then back to Mystic and a Great Bay marina launch.

Reactions: jdps150

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Good luck with your new ride, what did you get?
Built_in_USA are you the white pilot house that was last to leave? You just missed the bite, we caught 2 after the wind pushed us beam to the waves the I went around the corner to Ohio Ave and we were sitting better but had no bites.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I guess the mods aren't going to sticky this thread.

I'm close, have off Friday and should be in at some point this weekend. It's time!

21 - 40 of 63 Posts