BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i spent the entire weekend trying to hook up with some pickerel and got skunked.... i am trying to expand my horizons to some new lakes . just lookin for a couple suggestions for any lake in south jersey.. any help greatly appriciated THANKS!!:bow:

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
not bustin chops but you gotta b doin something wrong.they r the easiest fish to catch this time of yr its almost gauranteed.if there r pickerel in any pond or lake you should catch one.try using a broken back minnow slow,or just float minnow under bobber or freeline around shallow water,in sj try hammonton lake or atsion,collings lakes,pennypot, malaga lake,franklinville lake,if you dont get a fish in any of these its time to try golf.lol.goodluck

·
Registered
445 Posts
From boat or shore? It sounds to me like you are fishing where there aren't any fish. If it is pickeral you want, cover water. I would start with a spinner bait (inline for pickeral is my personal favorite), a jerkbait, or a lipless crank and use it to get a reaction. I would be looking for a fish or a bite or simply a follow. Once you get an indication that there are fish around pick the area apart with different lures/colors till you get some fish. I would start shallow coves and creek mouths this time of year and work out deeper til' I found some fish.

Hope it helps! And whatever you do, don't give up! Part of the fun of fishing is the whole learning curve, enjoy the whole ride! :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.