BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one were to have a 23 gallon live well, how would live herring do in there? Are they really fragile like spearing or are they tough like killies? Also - I've never tried to catch them before. Are they hard to find (March 20th) or are they pretty spread out? Thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Aquasport, I have a 40 gal live well that I built from a plastic 55gal drum .I can keep 10 to 15 herring alive all day ,but I also change the water often during the day ,and if you add fresh water at the end of the day they will last over nite. but I tranfer the fish to a 1800 gal pond in my yard ,when I,m not fishing and the herring will live in there until about may ,if the water/weather stays cool . As for catching herring I go to the dam in mayslanding at night,try to get there 2hrs before low tide,or if you don,t want to sneak to the dam ,than try the railroad bridge,or the dam at union lake,also you can check out scotts b&T webb site they list herring spots ,good luck ,Regards Steve

·
Registered
341 Posts
Scott, We sell em when we can get um. Last year the weather really beat us up when it came to herring. keep in touch. The good thing last year was we got spot early, while the bass were still around. Lets hope for a good spring. Biggest thanks for passin the good word. Thanks Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts