BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the ramp at O' dark thirty this morning and made our way out to net some bait. One throw in some super skinny water and we had all we needed.

Ran out the bay to where the action has been the past few days and after pulling back the throttle on some marks I was hooked up within a matter of moments and we had our first chunky bass release. Lost the life and moved around a bit working with what seemed like everyone I know who were all out on the water this morning.

Had a few more run offs and scratched a fish here or there, but never got back into any sort of hot action. Guys seemed to be picking fish on the chunk but we'd rather liveline and the bite didn't seem to be much hotter either way.

Headed back in around 10:30, cleaned the boat up and enjoyed the rest of a beautiful Sunday.

Here's some shots I took today as well as a short video.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
nice going thosebare some good shots looks like chompers was looking for you
The endless loop of a picture of a picture, of a picture....well you get the point. At first light the life at that spot was great.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Nice to see you and the boys out today. When I saw you and the fish whisper pull up by me it reminded me of being off 50 off going for BFT

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice to see you and the boys out today. When I saw you and the fish whisper pull up by me it reminded me of being off 50 off going for BFT
Ha ha yeah Mike the boat was just a little naked without the riggers on. That'll be before you know it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Basspond:

Awesome video! What editing software are you using? We have a GoPro Hero 3+ Black and love it... just need to spend the time to edit!

Regards,
Ryan

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ryan I'm using Final Cut Pro X on a mac. Some of the shots in this one were done with my Nikon DSLR, which I am still learning how to use, and the rest were two Hero 3 Blacks.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Nice

great job on the video, and the fish. I hope you had a good winter. We trolled off of Asbury on Sunday, caught a few fish. Almost BFT time.

How do you like your Furuno FF mounted on the dash??? I have the Navnet 2 mounted in the dash, but I want to put a second unit on the boat. I think the only place I have room is on top of the dash, like yours.

See you out there.

thanks
mike.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike, good to hear some fish are showing up to the south. I've been waiting on the ocean bite to heat up. Some BFT being taken to the south so it won't be long now...

For the sounder the previous owner had a FCV 600l mounted in the same spot and I upgraded to the 585 last summer. It doesn't restrict my visibility at all and the sunlight viewing is much better than the old model. I have a custom t-top on my boat so I don't have the upper electronics box so this was really my only option. Your console will be deeper on a 26 but I would think it would still fit fine.

This is with the old unit, but you get the idea of the layout.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Thanks Craig

thanks for the picture of your electronics layout. My NavNet 2 takes up all the space in the console. and the height of the electronics box is pretty tight. I think on the dash, like you have may be my best bet. I think the visibility there would be good.

stay in touch
Have a great season, bring on the tunas.
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.