BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of my Rule 700gph livewell pump. Tired of changing cartridges.

With the spring striper season starting in approx. 10 weeks I dont want any problems.

I have a 22 Edgewater center console with one thru hull fitting that goes through the livewell pump and then on to the washdown pump.

Who makes the best dual port livewell pump???

Thanks
Smitty.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Tired of my Rule 700gph livewell pump. Tired of changing cartridges.

With the spring striper season starting in approx. 10 weeks I dont want any problems.

I have a 22 Edgewater center console with one thru hull fitting that goes through the livewell pump and then on to the washdown pump.

Who makes the best dual port livewell pump???

Thanks
Smitty.
http://www.groco.net/00-pumps.htm

Quit playing with the kids in the park... C60 or C80... Do it right..

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Most failures of those type pumps come from incorrect installation in my experience.

Is it mounted vertical or horizontal? What type of bends do the hoses make from the output, and how high up does it pump? Is the inlet well below the water line while on plane (if the pump is running for the livewell at the same time)? Is there a screen on the inlet to keep crap out of the impeller? All those are important and you should check with the maker's directions to see if it is installed correctly and logically....

All that said, I haven't had much luck with the Rules. The Sureflo's seem better, but the most reliable I've used are yellow and black, I forget the name????

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The mayfairs are yellow and black. I had 2 boats with the shurflow combo pumps :thumbsdown: I ended up splitting them up and put a pump for ea. one. Surflo blaster for washdowns and basic self prime setup and small shurflow for when sitting or drifting. Also if you intend to self feed or use the washdown when running the through hull fitting must have a scoop on it and a check valve on the pressure side of the system to force the pumped water in the tank or else it will go to least resistance and circulate.

·
Vendor
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a pump for each, the livewell is a rule 700. The washdown is a shur flo. The intake water comes from a scoop on the stern. Which is clear of debris. Then to the livewell pump. Then on to the washdown pump. All seems clear. Its the damn livewell pump that scares me with the whining it makes.????? Any suggestions?? All was factory installed.
I also think it should be pumping more water than it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts