BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Nice website

But in an economy like we have now how many charters do you expect to get. I hear fuel will be around $5 a gallon soon. There go your rates,which by the way seem reasonable. Good luck

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well you have my ugly mug in your gallery so that could scare the anglers away! In all seriousness good job Capt. on the website and I will see you in the Spring.

-Jon

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
Capt John

I just reviewed your site and it offers lots of great information for those interested in possibly chartering you plus other data related to fishing.
Best of luck and hope you get all the charters this coming season that you desire.
The mention of $5.00 a gallon for fuel scares the heck out of me and that would just about kill the marine industry overall along with charter fishing. Lets hope for better days and a fine upcoming season.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Gas prices

John i've seen $.20 jump here in the past 2 weeks:huh:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Gph

What is your fuel burn?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fuel burn is an interesting question for me... That all depends how fast we want to go somewhere. Top speed on my boat approaches about 75 gallons per hour. Plus keep in mind I am also burning synthetic oil as I have two stroke motors. My average canyon trip I burn over 300 gallons of fuel, but I am getting out there in about 2 hours when conditions are right. I could get there faster, but I wouldn't have enough fuel to come to port again. So, I am always monitioring fuel consumption on my gauges when we are offshore. At cruising speed, of about 40 knts we average about 40-50 gallons per hour. The Envinrude E-Tec motors are great a really pushing some water and moving my boat at a nice pace and not really burning to much. Hope that answers your question, but I guess it's really all relative to how fast we are traveling. Sometimes I burn quite a bit chasing bass up and down the beach too. Sometimes I'm shocked at the amount. I don't waste time in a spot if it's not producing and like to move if were not doing much.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Just my thoughts

1 - I'd put Seafood Charters at the top of the Home Page and/or in every scrolling highlight you have at the beginning of the home page. It's higher up on other pages, but that's because you do not have the scrolling highlights like the Home page. You might want to start with the logo and "Welcome to Seafood Charters with the logo, NJ's fastest charter boat" then go on to the highlight reel.

2 - Put your phone number and contact info right up front too. You can add a link to the contact page, but I always hate looking for a phone number

3 - put an address in that will work with GPS systems in cars up front. I see direction, but would rather plug it in on my GPS or my favorite map program. If I'm lost and trying to get a phone number and address form a Blackberry, I hate having to hunt for it.

Good fishing!

Wardman

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
40 knot cruz

That is a great thing but realisticly how often do you get to take advantage of it or even close without getting your arse kicked and soaking wet. Been on a big CC for a few years and the older i get tthe more comfortable i want to be. I fished on a smaller HS they are nice rides.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
this boat kicks *** been on it and it truely is impressive nice websight!

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Did anyone catch the show on Ethanol (aks "alcohol") plants in Brazil? They were over the barrel (no pun intended) in the early '80s with their dependency as a country on foreign oil, and now they are completely 95% independant. Fields of sugar cane (in their instance, or sugar beets would work in ours)

How can a country as great as ours NOT "develop" the technology that has been down in Brazil for over 30 years to run all of their autos? This is a country that most recently is experiencing 75 murders PER MONTH!.....I love this country, BUT we finally have to kick all of the commies in D.C. as well as send all of the auto and gasoline lobbyists on a one way trip to Rio, and get the monkey off of the back of the Red, White and Blue...

Thoughts?

Tight Lines,

Frank

PS the tuna show on History channel following the the show above was very impressive, but depressing at the same time. Coming from someone who has chased bluefin from the Bahamas up to the Mud Hole, it is very sad when one considers the fact that on average 1.5#s of tuna are killed worldwide FOR EVERY **** SAPIEN ON OUR ENTIRE PLANET.....and my barn brothers are wondering "where have all of the yellowfin gone"? The fact that they "used to" on average kill 350,000 porpoise A YEAR in the purse seining business before the regs supposedly changed is also beyond my level of comprehension. Lets line up all the commie bastads against the wall and get out my friend the gattling gun :mad:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Overall I like the website.
I second everything Warden says.
Lot of stuff going on in the home page, I would remove the reports and concentrate on your services.
Good luck!

Gladiator, I feel your passion but you are on a slippery slope. Mixing food resources (ie farmland, irigation, proceesing plants, distibution) and energy demands isn't a great idea.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.