BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I'm probably going to start a war with this one, but here goes......

Headin out to the lower bay next week for the first trip of the season. Been looking at the chart, and have no idea where to start. The usual haunts may be too deep (the sloughs), and I think its too early for the rips. If anyone has any advise, I'd be glad to share knowledge....:D Not looking for exact spots obviously, just a general area....

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
look at the chart again...find water from 10-20 feet with a flat bottom. Find the canal where the ferry comes out of and go from there...

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Water is still cold and the flats warm up first, thats were all the bait will be first.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
This topic won't start a war, its a general question that you asked, and a good question too cause finding stripers in the spring is different than the fall run. Deffinately stay shallow thats gonna be your warmest waters, good luck and please give a report.

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
as capt harv has stated the fish are following the channel edges and coming up on the flat for a meal.clam small pieces right now. below bug light area horseshoe / punk ground area and of course the main channel. oh by the way this is all stated in this months issue of the njangler magazine.also if nothing happens in an hour or so go on the hunt. its not like trying to draw in the bigguns like the fall. the spring stripers are on the move up to spawn kinda like bt3100 and the washi washi place.:D

·
Registered
77,409 Posts
Steve Wdz said:
Water is still cold and the flats warm up first, thats were all the bait will be first.
And I thought you were sleeping Wed night:D

OK – back out to the boat

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
BT3100 said:
somebody say Washi Washi???

BTW I try to stay away from other boats in the spring. Less traffic, fish are on the move so pick your spot and hang tight. Action may be slow at times, this is the spring :D
BT- that is good advice- plus fishing in shallow water makes boat noise even a bigger nuisance. Make sure the crew does not slam hatches- coolers, and make a lot of noise on the decks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the help guys....Looks like Thursday is the day. Ill be sure to post a report, wether good or bad:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts