BASS BARN banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't wrote a fishing report in awhile so figured I would. Last weekend, went out to core creek for fishing for the first time. When I arrived, me and my three friends headed over to the first dock. My two friends were casting one to two big split-shots for catfish. I was trying to target lmb because I hadn't caught one all year. Well, after an hour and multiple casts of a 4 inch watermelon senko...I let it sit there. BOOM! I here my drag going like crazy! must be a big bass! I set the drag and get into the fight...Only 5 minutes later did the fish break off my hook..I was so bummed. We fished two to three more hours without any hits there. My friends used nightcrawlers on an ounce egg sinkers to get more distance but still no cats. Losing that bass ruined the day for me.

Later the same week headed out to pennypack with another fisherman I met at my college. This was our first time fishing together so it was interesting. He ended up being a really cool guy. Him and I ended up heading to the pennypack using canned corn. He was targeting sunfish to use for striper fishing down the shore. Him and I ended up catching 35 sunnies all together. Also, I caught 3 bows one 8 1/2 inch and two other 9 inches on corn. He caught a solid 10 inch brown on corn. It was just a nice day to be out on the water and I am heading up to core creek with him next week!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts