BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a cast aluminum oil pan for a mercruiser-chevy big/long block ,454 -360 hp. Its a mk4 oil pan appearently its been discontinued, i have the engine block # . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a cast aluminum oil pan old part # 47552 and the engine # is B607050
again its a 365 hp 454 big/long block

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
I pluged the part number into our search and hopefully will hear back soon. I will foward any info I can to you. Since its the weekend not many dealers log into the seach system.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks i appreciate it ,this is in a 24' blackfin center console with a hard top, want to talk about a tight fit. For obvious reasons we want to replace it with what was originally there but it does not look good. How about the epoxy coated pans, will they hold up to the riggers of marine use? We have had this motor in and out of this boat a half doz times, and honestly its getting old.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i found one, i thought it was cast aluminum but appearently its made out of gold because the price is pretty shocking....

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
i know this might sound funny, but try "pace performance" everything chevy.authorized gm parts

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked all over and i found a direct replacement, the fact that its cast aluminum and not manufactured anymore makes it expensive. I also believe that oil pans made for marine use have extra baffels in them to keep the oil from sloshing around.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
you could get a pan from milodon that has the same baffles for drag racing. worth a shot

·
Registered
841 Posts
There's a marina in salem nj called barbers basin. He only deals with mercruiser stuff give them a call. Also try almars in new castle, de. I may be able to get one through one of our suppliers at my work. It's an aluminum pan with I one piece rear seal correct? I can check tommorrow when I get back to work if you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts