BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down at the dock today and things have started to change. Ice is on the retreat and should be gone in a few days.

Pulled a minnow trap that was frozen in a few days ago and it was loaded with minnows and grass shrimp.

Days are longer and the sun is at a much warmer angle. Sam's Pizza opens in 15 days. today I didn't have to turn on the heater at the dock. The sun warmed up the building real nice.

In 26 more days striper fishing in the back reopens. 26 more days. 26 more days. 26 more days.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Last year at this time the ice was soo thick that some kid thought he could walk out on it and get his friend's cell phone. That was a sad day. They found him a couple days later.

This year a whole lot better. Ice ,but nothing thick. Lakes Bay is froze but all the channels are clear.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
I Think We Are In Good Shape At This Point
2/3/05... I Do Not Want To See AnyMore Single
Digit Air Temps Any Time Soon Over The Next
Month or So...If We Can Stay In This Type Of
Weather Pattern Over The Next 30 Days The
Action Should Start Early This Year....

I Did See A Couple Of ICE Fishermen On The
Mullica River This Morning,But I Don't Think
That ICE Will Hold Up Much Longer There..

BackBay and Ocean Water Temps This Morning
Were In The Low-Mid 30's and Rising.....

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I freeze grass shrimp but I place them in a zip lock bag with enough water to cover them. Stops them from turning pink. I just keep adding to the bag as I catch more.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
It was 40 degrees in the water at Cape May today.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Looking out my rear deck slider today towards the intracoastal this morning - A BOAT!!!! Won't be long boys. If I knew how I'd post the picture from my digital, but believe me it was there.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.