BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Home depot sells them in the 300 dollar range, I am sure you could probably find them cheaper on the web.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
get a used refrigerator and buy the tap set on line. Then you can keep the frosted mugs in the freezer right above the tap.

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
I third, plus with a refrigerator you can put in a half or set it up for 2 quarters.

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
I bought the tap setup for about $65 on Ebay. CO2 tanks are about $20.00. Check for a fridge for about $100 and good to go.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how big of a refrigerator will i need. i saw the tap kits on ebay. i would like to have a 1/2 on tap at all times.

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
I think apt. or full size will do. Measure a keg and go shopping. You can always find a fridge in the Press for about $100. Freezer for mugs/bait/ice.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
checked out ebay and many kits available. what is minimum i need? what size co2 tank are you guys using?

thanks, beats all the empty beer cans

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Joe
Get a 20 pound tank and use the 5 pound you usually get in a kit as a backup. You will be running to get the tank filled 4 times as often with the 5. Trust me, I'm a pro. No big deal, drill the holes and install. Usually just need a hole saw for the tap, It may be 1".
Get a nice tap handle to match the brew and enjoy.

No cans or bottles!
And like some of my paranoid friends say No cans and bottles for the neighbors to see. lol

Cheers

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well my wife won out. she wanted the real mcoy kegerator. bought one on ebay delivered to wildwood for about $600. how long will a 5lb tank last and where do you get the co2 tanks filled.

nothing like a cold brew.

thanks for all the comments and help

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
7 for a buck was years ago. i live just down the block from the shamrock and am a regular on weekends.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a five pound tank and keep my pressure around 15. It usually lasts at least 6 kegs sometimes I get 9 out of it. Do your self a favor and buy the gauge that tells you how much gas is left in the tank. That helps alot. Advantage rental in Seaville will fill your tank.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts