BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend comming in from wisconsin next week. After reading the article in the fishermen I thought that might be a good idea.
Anyone have any recomendations of any of the boats in our area.
How has the fishing been on these boats. Any info woould be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
verse,

i agree with fatboy, it seems the blue suits have taken hold up north, they are catching them day and night

lotz of good'un up north, doris mae, cock robin, just to name a few

the beav

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Verse,
Good Advise Above....
You call around to some of the Best Boats that
use to go out of Townsends and Cold Spring Inlets
to Target the Choppers at night and they tell
you that nobody runs for NightTime Blues
because They Are Not Here AnyMore.....

I can remember about 10yrs ago the Fleet would
just anchor up out front of the Wildwood Ferris
Wheel start chumming and catch Monster's in the
10-15lb and bigger range all night until your
arms hurt too much to catch anymore during the
Summer....

Days of Old.......... No More....

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
nightstrikes,

how right you are, i think that all the draggers distirbed the bottom from the ridge to the eastlump

you had at least two boats from wildwood, two from sea isle, and two or three from cape may, party boats that is.

that area used to hold a lot of bait all year round, eels, bunker etc , now the feed is gone and so are the blues.

just my two cents., i remember when i was a mate on the old starfish out of sea isle we used to kill the blues at night, but maybe they will come back like the stripers

who knows

the beav

[ 08-10-2004, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: cee beaver ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Bluefish boat trip best before big storm

Published in the Asbury Park Press 8/11/04
John Geiser

Anglers who want action should consider a trip on a bluefish boat while the fishing is at its peak.

Capt. Mike Yuro, night skipper of the Sea Fox out of Atlantic Highlands and a veteran of 37 years on party boats, said he has never seen fishing in July and early August that measures up to this.

"I'd recommend anyone wanting to fish for blues go now while it's at its best," he said. "It's been good every night, but you never know when we're going to get a hurricane or a storm."

Yuro said the spread of bluefish now stretches from the B.A. Buoy to the New Grounds and from the Mud Buoy out east to the wreck of the Bald Eagle.

"It's limits around the boat every night," he said. "I don't have to read the fish, just stop and throw the meat. The fish respond right away."

Capt. Jim O'Grady, Cock Robin, Point Pleasant Beach, said the blues move around, and Monday he found them north of where they had been caught the day before.

"We anchored the boat and had medium blues coming within 10 minutes," he said. "Mostly on bait, but if you stuck with a jig, you could catch as many as you wanted.

"The fishing was fairly constant with one to three fish on most of the time (and) four or five on a fair number of times," he added. "These fish are considerably smaller than what we were catching over the weekend, but there were plenty of them around."

O'Grady said a large number of cow-nosed rays swam around the boat at one point, and, when they grabbed a jig or bait, anglers had their hands full. The rays were big and powerful.

Capt. Howard Bogan Jr., Jamaica, Brielle, said he had good fishing for blues as close as 14 miles at one point over the weekend, and limit catches were common. Robert Clark, Princeton, won a pool with a 15-pound bluefish, and Mike Owdig from Whitehouse Station won another with a 12-pounder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.