BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, it seems that I post this every winter & and every spring I try someone new that never meets expectations.

I am looking for a really, really good detailer for the spring. Chompers is going in 4/1 and I need someone really good (compound, wax, etc.)!

For all of your detailers out there; if you are really good and you want to work in atlantic highlands this is your shot! If you do awesome work this will turn into a weekly gig!

Let me know who you have used in the past that worked out really well.

NB. Just so you know I have tried this myself spent a ton of time doing it and realized that I had no idea what I was doing. So please hold the DIYS thoughts. As many of you know i fish better than I clean and I don't fish all that well!!!

·
Registered
684 Posts
James, the key to making your boat look really good is to dock next to me! I think I still have some blood from a big eye last year that I didnt wash off yet (kinda like being kissed by a celeb and not washing your face). Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Did you see the add for yellowfin marine detailing in the offshore forum?? Looks reasonable and has some good reviews posted??:huh:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did see the add....

And the last time that I talked to those guys they were not able to come this far north....depressing.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rich I hear you....

But I hear that their detailing magic goes away once you get salt on the boat. I know it is hard to believe but I get water over the bow of chompers other than in big storms....:fighting:

But those guys surely do keep that boat spotless. Word on the street that this year we are going to lots more blood and guts from that crew. But I will let them fess-up to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts