BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on a couple lists for a slip this season but nothing confirmed. Will go from LE to Cape May.
anyone know of anything available?

·
Registered
479 Posts
What size boat / slip do you need?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boat is a 21. I have not called Breez e lee - would prefer something else.
thanks,

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm in Breezeelee so that would've been my first mention, but if ok with that area, you can try Snug Harbor or Hinches. I stop in All Seasons in Mamora for bait sometimes and that looks pretty nice also.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I'm loving sheltered cove in tuckerton
If you pick Cape May go with Hinch's but only downside is no fuel dock, if you go to Tuckerton Sheltered Cove would be my 1st choice. Both have deep water, Sheltered Cove has awesome bathrooms with showers and a 24hr fuel dock. I would say the fluke and striper fishing is better in Tuckerton especially if you fish reef sites. The LEI reef, GSS & AC have a lot to offer.......if it's snotty out front you have plenty of spots behind LBI, Great Bay and the Mullica to put a catch together. Great Bay Marina has good owners and is another good pick but it depends on the slip location.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right now I am on the list at Graef’s in Somers Point and Great Bay marina in mystic. How is Utch’s in cape may? They have slips avail and the $ isn’t bad...is the old grounds still holding fish in the summer?

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Right now I am on the list at Graef’s in Somers Point and Great Bay marina in mystic. How is Utch’s in cape may? They have slips avail and the $ isn’t bad...is the old grounds still holding fish in the summer?
I fish on a few charter boats out of Utch’s and I never heard them complain. Old grounds has some fish but far from what it once was. some better fluking exists closer to the inlet in shallower and less sticky water. In my opinion LEI has better fluking and also better shots at stripers in both the spring & fall. Typically the ocean water up around Tuckerton is cleaner with less current than Cape May.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Utsch's is a really nice marina and is very well run by good people. Nice deep water access to ocean and Delaware bay. Also, easy access fuel, great bait and tackle shop and bathhouses. Fishing for fluke, sea bass, tog, drum, some weakfish and kingfish in the bay is good, but stripers not great. You will have access with a boat your size to a pretty good back bay striper fishery, but not the ocean runs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts