BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine needs to replace a rod, reel that was lost at see while fighting a monster Blue Marlin , we've checked all the obvious online sites for used penn reels but for the asking price your better off buying it new

if anyone knows of a Penn 50tw thats used and for sale please contact me on the thread or by email, [email protected]
we're not in a rush to buy just need it b4 this coming summer

Thank you
Matt

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
Matt,

I still have a handful of penn rods/reels that I am selling for a good friend, and I am close to Washington Twp. If I remember correctly, I still have 30's, 30tw's, and a 50 left... but I will verify when I get home

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked the combos I have left...

two 30s
one 50W
four 6/0s
we need a 50tw used its for a friend of mine , he has to replace the reel he lost in davie jones locker but you do have a 50w your saying ? whats the condition ..

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt,

I still have a handful of penn rods/reels that I am selling for a good friend, and I am close to Washington Twp. If I remember correctly, I still have 30's, 30tw's, and a 50 left... but I will verify when I get home
i feel like we know or have met eachother ??

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
we need a 50tw used its for a friend of mine , he has to replace the reel he lost in davie jones locker but you do have a 50w your saying ? whats the condition ..
It's an older 50W... I would guess about 20 years old. My buddy bought them about 10 years ago from a shop who rebuilt them, and has only used them a few times since they were rebuilt. A fellow barner who purchased 4 of them from me showed me how to get the date of manufacuture from the SN. I can get you an exact date and some pics when I get home.

i feel like we know or have met eachother ??
Quite possible. I used to hang out at Schooner Island a lot, last summer I spent a lot of time at the BreezyLee, and I have fished with quite a few barners. Maybe our paths have crossed a time or two?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's an older 50W... I would guess about 20 years old. My buddy bought them about 10 years ago from a shop who rebuilt them, and has only used them a few times since they were rebuilt. A fellow barner who purchased 4 of them from me showed me how to get the date of manufacuture from the SN. I can get you an exact date and some pics when I get home.

Quite possible. I used to hang out at Schooner Island a lot, last summer I spent a lot of time at the BreezyLee, and I have fished with quite a few barners. Maybe our paths have crossed a time or two?
yeah some pics would be great , we probably have then seeing as though ive fished out of both marinas this summer , mostly CC and somers point though

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

any luck on the pictures ?

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
A good friend of mine needs to replace a rod, reel that was lost at see while fighting a monster Blue Marlin , we've checked all the obvious online sites for used penn reels but for the asking price your better off buying it new

if anyone knows of a Penn 50tw thats used and for sale please contact me on the thread or by email, [email protected]
we're not in a rush to buy just need it b4 this coming summer

Thank you
Matt
Shoot me an email on what your looking to spend.. I have a few laying around and can hook you up. :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.