BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a cheap used wetsuit (or 2) to use for clamming, preferrably 5 mil but I'll settle for something lighter. Small (repairable) tears and damages are fine. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
Check with Bluefinn, Capt. Mike. He has SCUBA gear listed here for sale.

East Coast Dive in Northfield sells some used suits too.

[ 12-15-2004, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: Jimbo ]

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
wet suit world in avalon,let him know your a clamer. don't shop ebay you;ll end up with a dryed out suit,or one that don't realy fit,so you want tobe a clamer :D hard work alls i gots to say. for under 200 you can have brand new every thing, hood, boots, gloves and two pices farmer john 7 mil,& silkies too.

freedom ots.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I clammed all summer w/o a wetsuit, its just a little too cold now to mess around out there
Went a couple of weeks ago and only had waders so I couldn't get to any of my good spots.

[ 12-15-2004, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Fin-S-Jay ]

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I bought an inexpensive wetsuit from either Boaters World or West Marine (I can't remember).

I wear it under my neoprene waders when the water gets real cold, keeps you toasty warm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a Rip Curl 4/3 Ulitimate Elasto with detachable hood that is two seasons old. No holes. The elasto material is twice as flexible, warmer and lighter than traditional neoprene wetsuit material. I would like to get $125 for this suit. I also have a few Rip Curl 3/2's and spring suits that I do not use any more that I will sell cheap. I live in Cape May. Please respond.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Fin,
If you rake, just get a pair of chest waders.
A wet suit will still get you wet. What oyu need is a dry suit and they are expensive.

I have clammed for over 20 years now and never used one. find a high and dry sand bar and clam at low tide.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Fin-S-Jay This suit is in new condition,If it's to big you can always grow into it ! LOL
XXXL 7mm Wet suit Henderson farmer jon step thru plush with hood and size 13 USD boots Will fit 6' thru 6'4" 250lb to 300lb+ diver in very good condition 125.00
:D MIke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts