BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,854 Posts
Hey, I was just there in December, went with this place, it was $200 for the day, a 10 hour trip from striped marlin

http://reelintensesportfishing.com/

A few things

1. Most charters in hawaii keep the catch, this one shares 50% of anything under 100lbs, the thing is you really cannot bring the catch back anyway because their are no places that will freeze and pack it up for you. Your hotel will probably not cook it for you unless you went through a charter from them, the best bet is if you have a kitchen or grill at your place to cook some.

2. The one thing I did not like about this charter was the way the mate set up the rotation for the chair. He used a number system and then assigned the numbers to the rods, when a rod went off if it was your number your fought the fish, this is ok, here is where the problem is though. After the first fish he then rotated the numbers on the rod but if your number went off again your fought again, not good as other customers are closed out to fight a fish.

I recommend you voice that after the first number goes off the rotation start from there and the next in line goes next. if there is a frenzy and many lines goes off then that is different.

good luck and enjoy.

A good resturaunt to goto is "top of waikiki", it is on the strip and has a circular top, food is really good and reasonable.

·
Registered
14,854 Posts
Hey, they take up to 6 people, we had 5 on this trip, three of us and two other guys. Just an FYI, in that marina where this boat is there are several other charters as well so you can shop aroun to see what they offer, I was only there for three days so we did not have the time and just picked a charter.

·
Registered
14,854 Posts
Thanks Tight Lipped
The bite was striped marlin, decent size under 100 lbs but there is always a chance for wahoo and mahi as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.