BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be the best place to post this .I am trying to figure out what a fair price for this outfit would be.It has the aluminum tube and flannel rod bag.I don't fly fish and don't have any use for it Its in New Condition.Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The reel is probably worth more than the rod , I have several that same size,sold one recently for $450 new condition w/line. . This is what they sold for new twenty seasons ago, Rod N Reel $ 650 ? You have to get the guys that like those old STH Carribeans. I've always liked mine they're light and have decent drags for there day. Still use them today in 8 ,10 , 12 sizes.
You might check E bay to get price ideas. Rods unfortunately have changed in price drastically with these overseas models however the guy looking for that model is who you need. I'm sure someone on here can steer you right.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
the 1090 rplx sold new in the mid 90's for $395, the warranty only applies to orginal owner. $200-225 would be a fair price (i found one online with a buy it now price of $180, good condition, no tube)

STH caribbean 10 Brand new 2010 model retails for $379 and can be bought for $300 online. the warranty only applies to original owner. $150-$175 would be a fair price for the reel. the line is worthless. $350-400 for the outfit.

Great rod, i have one in the series and love it. I'm not a big fan of the STH reels, i have owned a couple but not the caribbean. I was a Sage and STH dealer for a decade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.