BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will down on vacation next week and am looking for some updates on what's going on. Anything out front inshore trolling? Any flatties at the OC reef? I have my 85 year old dad comming down and want to put him on some fish. Let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I would be targeting sea bass off the north end of the reef, haven't heard too much about flounder.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Tried Ge reef today and ended up in all the spots behind OC. Man no keepers. 4 16 inchers at the reef and a few bass. No flounder in the bay and did not see any coming in. Its almost funny how bad i have been doing. I have been fishing these waters for over 20 years and used to do better than average, but this year I feel like a shobie.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Fished behind OC and Somers Pt on Friday. Worst day of the year for me. Water was warm and really dirty, like chocolate milk. Wind was a steady 15-20kts so drifting sucked. Not one fish. I've actually had a decent year with flounder, just not many with size. I've caught keepers on every trip ive been out except Friday, not alot of keepers, but 2 or 3 per trip. Not good, but not bad either. May and June were good, but July its sucked. Id be fishing the reefs or some ocean spots by now, but every time I try and get out the weather keeps me in the bay. How were the seas out there at the GE today, looked a bit nasty this morning when I was leavin?

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
5-6 ft swells with about 6"-1' chop. It was not a smooth ride out but was able to do 25mph. Laid out later in the day and the ride home was smooth. Swells were still there was no chop. About 3 miles from shore the swells seemed to die out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts