BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had enough of having to plan my trips around low tide at harbor view. Been a resident there prior to the bar and watched things go downhill so seeking a new home for the boat. Any recommendations out there?

· Registered
143 Posts
In mill creek just across from you. 8 foot under the boat at low tide, no problem heading out either. Line up the coastal sign and the green marker and you are good to go. Only challenge is when the tide is ripping, makes for docking tough with an inboard single screw.

· Registered
6,800 Posts
Had enough of having to plan my trips around low tide at harbor view. Been a resident there prior to the bar and watched things go downhill so seeking a new home for the boat. Any recommendations out there?
I wouldn't spend ten minutes in a marina where I couldn't use the boat when I wanted because of the tides..

Fred needs to be sent a message. Dredge or loose customers. Maybe if he's only half full this year he'll pay a little more attention to dredging Harbor View..like he's promised for the last 5yrs..

I usually don't make posts like this, but last year I was amased when coming by there and seeing boats laying on their sides in the mud at low tide. No one should be paying for slips like that..

· Registered
1,083 Posts
I was in Harbor view last year (1st season) dug myself in a few times getting back at low tide.its rediculous there. moved to Hinch Marina for striper season and re-uped slip there for this season, like day and night. Harbor View shouldnt even call themselves a Marina,its a disgrace:thumbsdown:

· Registered
9,119 Posts
I wouldn't spend ten minutes in a marina where I couldn't use the boat when I wanted because of the tides..

Fred needs to be sent a message. Dredge or loose customers. Maybe if he's only half full this year he'll pay a little more attention to dredging Harbor View..like he's promised for the last 5yrs..

I usually don't make posts like this, but last year I was amased when coming by there and seeing boats laying on their sides in the mud at low tide. No one should be paying for slips like that..
He was only half full last summer. Would have thought he got the message by now, but I know how hard it is to get a permit to dredge. The problem is its every year they say next year, next year, next year...

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Met with Ralph at Snug Harbor and signed up for one of the new 30' slips he's putting in. Looking forward to meeting everyone slipped at Snug this season so please stop over for a cold one. Black hulled Contender, Shimbock.

· Registered
5,728 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. Met with Ralph at Snug Harbor and signed up for one of the new 30' slips he's putting in. Looking forward to meeting everyone slipped at Snug this season so please stop over for a cold one. Black hulled Contender, Shimbock.
Welcome to Snug Harbor
Now You have to learn the secret handshake
Follow the Yellow Boat;)
Ralph's a Bum:razz::razz:

· Registered
3,020 Posts
Call Chuck and Mary at Hinch Marina, Great people and awesome tackle shop, Gas and plenty of water at low tide .

The best thing is when there is a nasty storm down there Hinch is well protected from the wind, The boats don't get beat up during a storm !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.