BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just looking for some info for a few lakes that are within an hours drive of me. Does anyone have any input on Malaga Lake and or Manasquan reservoir?? Just wondering about ramps and or if I need a special permit? I think I do for Squan, but I don't know who to call. Any help would be great, and thank you ahead of time! Good luck this weekend to everybody fishing!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi JB,
Hope your season is going well, it's been a slow start here with the extended winter. You may or may not know about the following, but I sending just in case. It may give you a good start. Using Google Earth may help as well.
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/fishplc.htm
Provides counties and locations of lakes in NJ.
Local knowledge will get you the rest of the information.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Malaga is not that great. Rainbow is way better. You ever fish Maple Lake in Estelle Manor? Bargaintown Lake in EHT has a good population of bass.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for info guys. Yea FD have tried Maple a bunch of times with my buddy that lives on tenth ave. It's a good spot but was looking for a little change of scenery. I like union but for a small 14 ft aluminum it's kinda tough. May be I will give Bargain Town a shot or I'll just have to stick to my shallow cedar water:) Thanks again for the input!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Bean...you may already have it, but there is book called Fishing New Jersey by Oliver Shapiro. It's a little dated, but it does describe many of the waters throughout NJ...including locations, ramp/launch information (access point) and other misc. characteristics. Maybe a good reference. I think I picked a copy up at Barnes/Nobles years back.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SC, I will definatly look that that up. Sounds like some good reading material. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Davis Mill Pond and Alloway Lake(Salem County) are real neat places. These are big bass waters. You should have no problem maneuvering around in your 14' tin.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks FD!! They sound perfect, and love the big bass factor:D I will give em a shot here in the next few weeks and post a report. Thanks again!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you fill out that form to get a permit to put your boat in at Alloway. Or can you just pay at the ramp ?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey Josh, have u snooped around any of those crazy spots your brother and i used to fish?lol. Your old man sure had a sense of humor sending us to a few of those shady locations

1 - 10 of 10 Posts