BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to go on a Party boat for Tog in Belmar, Pt. Pleasant area? Anybody recommend a party boat?

Has anybody been on these boats below? or have a opinion on which one to go on for Mr. Whitechin

Big Mohawk

Dauntless

Norma K

[ 12-03-2004, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: johnny d ]

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Dauntless and Norma K may or not be trying for ling. Big Mohawk, Skipper and Captain Cal will be strictly togging. I may drive down to see if the Dauntless is togging and then try the Skipper.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Also check out the Susie girl & the Rosie R, I've fished with Capt. Jim a bunch of times & he's a good guy.

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Norma K.run a monday blackfish trip,,cant be beat..only 25 guys..call for spots....i have a headboat chartered in Pt.pleasant for the 18th of dec i may have a spot.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Suzie Girl was going on a special offshore bird watching trip this morning....I kid you not. I gave Jimmy Hull such a ball busting time this morning at the dinner. I fished the Skipper with around 35 other fares and wound up with 13 keeper sized fish. Only had 14 1/2''15 1/2'' fish or over 20" ers. Nothing in the mid range at all. The pool winner was around 9lbs. Some had limits, some had two. All and all a good day.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Capt. Ralph Leyrer runs the Last Lady II open for TOG on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday out of Shark River (www.lastlady.com, 732-988-8907). Ralph is one of the best Captains on the Coast.

Kenny Namowitz runs the MIMI open most December days. He sails out of Pt. Pleasant and is an excellent TOG fisherman (732-370-8019). I have limited out with Kenny on 2 out of every 3 trips.

You cannot go wrong on either boat. They are smaller than any party boat and as a result can effectively fish pieces far smaller than any party boat can anchor on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts