BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE THAT WOULD LIKE TO FILL IN WHEN ONE OF OUR CHARTERS NEEDS AN EXTRA PERSON OR TWO. THE CANYON FISHING REALLY TURNED ON LATE LAST WEEK OUT OF CAPE MAY AND WE PLAN TO BE DOING DAY AND OVERNIGHT TRIPS STARTING LATER THIS WEEK. WE WILL BE TARGETING TUNA, SWORDFISH AND DOLPHIN ON ALL OUR OVERNIGHT TRIPS.
WE ALSO WILL BE LOOKING FOR SMALL PARTIES TO FISH FOR GIANT BLUEFIN TUNA UP TO 800 LBS STARTING DECEMBER 1,2004 OUT OF MOREHEAD CITY, NC. VISIT OUR WEB PAGE AT WWW.CAVEMANSPORTFISHING.COM FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND OUR E-MAIL ADDRESS IS [email protected]

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Yeah guys,

Hit up Capt. John for some giants this winter! I had the chance to get out on a trip with him last winter and we got a real nice fish (EST 600lb) He's a great Capt. And a real nice guy!

John,

I got striper on the brain already! Soon..Very soon!

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
DUDES - THIS SOUNDS LIKE THE BOMB! PERFECT CURE FO DA WINTA BLUES - WHO WANTS TO GO WIT ME???

PROMISE WELL FIND HOT CHICKIES AND JOHN WILL PUT US ON THE GIANTS!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
John where did the bite turn on last week overnite in the canyons. Had a few friends who went out last friday and did well on whites and big tuna in the south poormans. Ditch Digger had 10 whites alone. WOW what a day. Good Luck with your fall overnighters. I think we are shooting for a fri/sat overnighter this week.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Guy's Jump on this one.Capt. John runs a first class opperation,Here in Cape May N.J and down in MoreHead City N.C,It wont be long before your (HOOKED UP)

·
Registered
772 Posts
I and one or two others would love to get out for some big tuna this year, and would try to be flexible to get on as a last minute addition. Do you want a phone # to call if something comes available?

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
John,

Whats the cost per person for the make-up trips.

·
Registered
912 Posts
yea same question here, whats the cost u charge for the 1 person jump in? if its not too much i would be more than happy to make some runs with ya whenever u need it. lemme know

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Guys: The cost is about $300.00 for a canyon day troll trip lasting about 15 hours and around $425.00 for a 24 hour over night trip. This does not include tip for the mate. We have the size and speed to get to any canyon from the Lindy to the Washington but mostly fish the Wilmington, Baltimore and Poorman's. Last October when most poeple had stiper mania we were killing yellowfin during the day on the chunk with butterfish in the Poorman's. Unfortunately you can only get out there when we have a window of good weather with light winds to allow us to get offshore. This Sunday or Monday we may be doing a make-up canyon day troll trip, if the weather stays decent enough to get offshore, which as of now looks like it will. There was a red hot bite on 50-60 lb bluefin at the Hambone today but as most of you know it is only one blue fin per day now. From what I heard the best bite is down around the 42000 line in 80 fathoms of the Poorman's. We will be there this weekend trolling for longfins and yellowfins. I am guessing the night bite will turn on this weekend or after the tropical storm passes us by. It should be pushing true gulf stream water up against the 100 fathom line with loads of life in it. Last year the canyons were red hot after the hurricane that devasted Cape Hatteras passed us by. Hopefully the best is yet come. Good fishing to all.
Capt John

·
Registered
88 Posts
cap john great boat did get ouy on your boat last year had a great trip. do you have any thing over night this fri sat for two let me know. i know thats asking alot. nick

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We do not have any opening coming up in the next week or so except possibly early next week for small parties at this time. The tropical storm coming our way later this week is playing havoc with our regular charter schedule. There is a possibility we might need a few anglers for this coming Friday for a day trip or maybe an overnighter. We have a group coming from out of state that was supposed to fish mid-week with us and waiting to see if they can reschedule for Friday. At the present time the only dates we have that we might need a few fill in fisherman are October 4,5,6. We do plan to do some make-up small party canyon charters the week of October 10th and will be posting the dates soon. Look for some really great offshore fishing coming up in next few weeks. We had one really bad trip late last week when we only stayed two hours in the canyons trolling because of horrible sea conditons and fished inshore behind the scallop boats but the last three canyon day trips have been real good with decent catch of longins, dolphins, black fins and now some really big bluefin from 125 lbs to over 200 lbs showed up this weekend around the Hot Dog behind the iron boats. It took us less than 30 seconds to hook-up a 125 lb bluefin yesterday when we stopped at the Hot Dog on our way home from the Baltimore Canyon. An Ocean City, MD boat had a 71 inch bluefin this weekend so the big boys are starting to show now.
Capt John

·
Registered
723 Posts
brian i am in with you. captian john let me know what days are filled then i can see when i can make it .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts