BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we just bought a newer home with a long wide driveway and I am not shoveling this one...
20 ft wide by 125 ft. long with parking area for 5 cars....

Anyone have a slighly used one for sale??? or how about some suggestions on a good new one.. Don't mind paying for quality if it will last me....

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Bought a Sears Craftsmen last year right before the first big snow and absolutely LOVE it. It has a power cord plug for AC starts that I've never used because it starts on the first pull every time! It is a smaller self propelled model and has no battery. Smaller size was just what I needed so I could pick it up (or use the ramp I made) and put it in the back of my truck to bring over to my brother's place. They should be on sale about now.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Vern -

For that much territory, you want to get at least a 6 HP or better self propelled 2 stage unit. Anything smaller - you will just burn it out. Troy Built is hard to beat, might cost $600 - $700
(that's what I have, three years and no problems).
My neighbor has a single stage unit, in the big storm we had in 2003 it just would not throw the heavy and thick stuff...

Thought I saw Home Depot or Sears running a sale on them.

Hope this helps.

Bill

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I have a Craftsman 9hp 29 inch wide machine that I bought last year. I used it once. The oil has been changed and it has been started once a month and run for 10 minutes.
My driveway is the same size as yours and it worked great! It's just to much machine for me to handle.
It has a warrantee for another year or so. I'd like to get $700

·
Registered
199 Posts
i have a craftsman that i bought 2 years ago. not sure about the model or the power. it was the largest one they had. it runs on rubber tracks so it will go up any incline. it has 6 forward speeds and i think 3 reverse speeds. also has the plug in starter. i paid $1000 for it and it works great. i dont need it anymore because i moved to a house around the corner from my shop. i use a kamatsu front end loader with a bucket to do my driveway now.
. i would be willing to sell it for $500 if you are interested. ill get the model number and the hp tonight when i get home.

·
Registered
199 Posts
its a 9 hp. model number is 247.888550. also has power steering. i was going to post some pictures but i have to move a few things in my garage to get a clear shot of it. ill get that done within the next 2 days and get some pictures.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
swivel shoot me a picture and where I can look at it and I will ride over to take a peek...

What motor is on that machine???

willing to seal the deal next weekend...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Toro CCR 3650 GTS Snow Blower
[Model: 38517] $589.99

Featuring Toro's exclusive Power Curve® System, these industry leaders are compact, lightweight and are perfect for clearing walks and driveways down to the pavement with ease. All Toro single stage snowthrowers are backed by Toro's 2 Year Full Warranty.

Power Curve® System
This patented technology, with curved rotor and inverted funnel housing, moves more snow in less time and virtually eliminates clogging. Wide rubber paddles propel the snowthrower forward while cleaning down to the pavement.

Toro R*Tek® Engine
Powerful 6.5 R*Tek engine delivers smooth operation at top speeds with dependable cold weather starts.

5 Year Guaranteed to Start® Promise
Five Year GTS® Promise on all Toro R*Tek engines. If your snowthrower doesn't start in one or two pulls during the first five years, Toro will fix it for free.

Center Mounted Chute Control
The easy to reach chute control operates with either hand and provides quick changes from left to right.

2 Year Full Warranty
If anything goes wrong in the first two years, under normal use and maintenance, Toro will fix it free.

? 6.5 hp Toro R*Tek® engine

? 20" clearing width

? 35' throw distance*

? 1,800 lbs per minute

This machine is great, the key is it CLEANS DOWN TO THE PAVEMENT,I can use it with only 2" of snow or 30" right down to the blacktop, driveway is wet then dries within an hour or so and never need salt, the rubber blade pulls the unit along therefor its self propelled, those big 2 stagers have to scrape the grouind and always leave an inch of snow and ice to deal with, big pain in the a**

When the neighbors 2 stage is broken from picking up the newspaper or whatever and shearing the safety bolt for the 2nd or 3rd time each year, im the one clearing the walk on the whole block no problem.

Buy one, you wont regret it!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
BIG DRIVEWAY, DO YOU HAVE A TRACTOR, OR A 4 WHELER
LAST YEAR I PUT ONE ON MY HONDA AND WORKS GREAT, THINK ABOUT IT IF YOUR WIFE DOSN'T SEE THIS POST COULD BE A GREAT REASON TO GET ONE, KIDDING ASIDE MOST LAWN TRACTORS WILL ACCEPT ONE AND HAVE CHAINS AVAILABLE, ANY ? E-MAIL ME. GOOD LUCK DAVID

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.