BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have friends coming out to NJ from california this summer while Ill be in NJ. We're looking to hitch a ride out to the bluewater this summer to freedive spearfish along the lobster pots for mahi and other offshore species. We're all willing to contribute to costs of fuel and ice and whatever other expenses.

Anyone want to take us out ?

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome dude... Ill be in touch, have to show you the live boating techniques we use down here in florida. Relatively easy to handle. Hell if the mahi are thick Ill throw you in the water with a gun, theyre stupid easy to shoot :D

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have friends coming out to NJ from california this summer while Ill be in NJ. We're looking to hitch a ride out to the bluewater this summer to freedive spearfish along the lobster pots for mahi and other offshore species. We're all willing to contribute to costs of fuel and ice and whatever other expenses.

Anyone want to take us out ?
Depends are they kids from high school haha. text me you know i run my boat to the canyons often

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mid to late 20's mostly...

josh I got your number saved in the phone, are you in florida now?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I would be interested to do a trip. My buddy just bought a gun so were gonna try it this year. Im in avalon if thats close.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you need the ride back in as well?

Well yes... that too :wave:

I think theyll be in North NJ but driving 2 or 3 hours is really nothing to us now with them living out in CA and me being down here where Ive driven 4 hours to get out.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
If it worked out with weather and schedules, I'd do this.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Did an inshore trip last year when the blue water moved in. The charter had a blast, triggers,mahi and barrell fish were the end result. We targeted the Del Bay Shipping channel markers, both north and south entries. The high light were the 4 and 5 ft barracudas that had camped out and scared everything else away.

Hook up w/ fishunter360, these guys would rather shoot than any other method, and they are hardcore.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If i found a cuda off NJ Id be feeding it steel ASAP. I love cudas.

bear, would love to run out with ya.

·
Registered
42 Posts
AK Scuba,

We go down to the keys every year and do a lot of spearing there (grouper, hog, mangrove, mahi even got a cobia!). My bro and I recently purchased all the float lines and stuff for bluewater spearfishing. I run a 48 stainless biller and he runs a 54 Riffe We haven't gotten the opportunity to do it yet up north but want to. Shoot me a pm and we can talk about potential arrangements. We run a 26ft. glacier bay catamaran or a 46 bertram sportfisherman depending on the crew and weather.

-Matt

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Matt... Sending you an email here shortly. Study time has kicked in this semester..

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
FishHunter360

I would second Fishhunter 360. Those guys have gills not lungs. They are always out free diving and spear fishing. Last year they bagged 2- 60lb Cobia hanging under a buoy not to far offshore. Good group of guys, safe, skilled and very experienced when it comes to spear fishing:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
If i found a cuda off NJ Id be feeding it steel ASAP. I love cudas.

bear, would love to run out with ya.
I'd love someone to get me over my fear of swimmin in the deep!!!!

I ain't scared of much, practically nuttin, jumpin over the side well lets just say is bout my only thing that concerns me out there..

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Id be more then willing to get you in the water... :D simple, grab back of neck, grab back of shorts n heave :p

Just kidding. I have a trailer line at my parent's house Ive used before. Rig it up off the stern with a poly ball so anyone in the water can grab it to hold on to or to get back to the boat in currents.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would second Fishhunter 360. Those guys have gills not lungs. They are always out free diving and spear fishing. Last year they bagged 2- 60lb Cobia hanging under a buoy not to far offshore. Good group of guys, safe, skilled and very experienced when it comes to spear fishing:thumbsup:

60 lb cobia is one hell of a fish... Jeez. Fishhunter, Ill be in touch.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looking to try and set this up now. the california buddies fell through but Id still be willing to hop on if someone doesnt mind me tagging along and hopping in the water at the pots. Ill kick in towards expenses and clean the boat, Im off work mondays and tuesdays.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts