BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I just went through it a month ago. I just used my own private doctor, they have all the stuff you need. You may also need to go see an eye doctor too for some of the stuff.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Your own Doc can do it all if he can do the color blind test. If not go see an eye Doctor and have him sign just where the eye part is. Otherwise your family doc can do it.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Doc Tordella is the only guy to go to... he does nothing but Aviation and Maritime exams and has the procedures and paperwork down pat.... Capt. Scott turned me on to him and he is great.

http://flightphysical.com/addmap2.cgi?12719

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
No offense to this guy you're talking about, but if my doctor can't figure out that paperwork, he wouldn't be my doctor anymore.

·
Banned
5,940 Posts

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
AJ168 said:
No offense to this guy you're talking about, but if my doctor can't figure out that paperwork, he wouldn't be my doctor anymore.
No offense.... but regular docs can be great docs but sloppy with paperwork...it even is one of the major hits on the USCG web site for license holdups. On my first physical I caught a small error by a USCG doc before I sent the package in....

As long as YOU make sure the form is filled out correctly and fully...should be no problem.

Guy in front of me at Baltimore last month had to go back to Norfolk and get his doc to check ONE block....a hold up of 3 days at least he said....no big deak to some...job loss to others...

Some docs are not familiar with what the USCG/DOT is truly looking for and WAY overtest...the hearing test can be just the doc talking with you...the audiogram is only necessary if he thinks your hearing is too far out of the "normal" range...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts