BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am beginning to look around for a small boat without a motor to put a v6 150 OB on, something cheap in decent condition.

Does anyone know good sources for boat hulls in the South jersey/Philly area?

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
NOT TO SOUND STUPID BUT TAKE A RIDE TO ALL THE BOAT YARDS IN CAPE MAY AND TUCKERTON. LOTS OF TIMES THERE ARE UNWANTED BOATS FOR FREE OR REAL CHEAP.OBVIOUSLY NOT IN MINT CONDITION.I SAW A COUPLE NEAR SHELTERED COVE MARINA A FEW WEEKS BACK
FOR FREE AND A COUPLE OF CHEAP ONES FOR LIKE A GRAND.I BOUGHT A BOAT YEARS AGO AT BREEZE LEE FOR 500.00 AND USED 2 SEASONS THEN SOLD IT FOR 1500.00.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, thats what I want to do, look for something like that where I can put the motor on and sell. I figure it would be easier to unload the motor on a boat. Secondly, I need something to test the motor out after I rebuild it.

Any other marinas you can think of I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Mery XMAS

·
Registered
31,674 Posts
THER ARE 4 OR 5 ON THE SAME ROAD AS SHELTERED COVE. THEY HAVE A WEBSITE FOR DIRECTIONS.
ALSO CAPE MAY OCEAN DRIVE WHICH IS LEFT OFF THE END OF THE PARKWAY HAS MANY. RTE 47 INTO WILDWOOD.
NEAR THE MUA BLDG. EBAY ALSO. CANT HELP YOU MUCH MORE THEN THAT.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Ebay the motor by itself and you'll probably get just as much or more than if it was attached to a junk boat, especialy with no trailer. Lot less work too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts