BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The longer the better - of course.... (and a long cable to go with it - if possible). Look at me being pushy :D

Feel free to email or call 518-281-1909... if it's something you have to get rid of.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
fish_on,

Do you need the tower as well? Our gunning club just switched over to Cable and have a tower and antenna, but i think the antenna is in bad shape. The side arms are busted.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M-ville: I'm planning on propping the antenea on top of my house in OC. I have a old VHF to use already. As for the tower, what are you refering to... is it boat tower or something I can add some height with on the top of the house?

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
It is a ground tower. When you said VHF, I was thinking VHF/UHF TV antenna. I guess the Margaritas got to me.

The tower is probably 2.5 stories high.
I am not sure if it is a sectional tower or a solid piece. Nothing a Heli-Arc could not fix.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
If I'm not mistaken it is against the law to have a fixed home vhf unit unless you are a legitimate marine business such as a marina. Better check maybe.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
If I'm not mistaken it is against the law to have a fixed home vhf unit unless you are a legitimate marine business such as a marina. Better check maybe.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Originally posted by Capt Steve:
Yes it is still illegle to transmit. Recieving is ok.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I havn't been back to you guys. Changing internet providers. Yes, I just intend on eaves dropping, not transmitting. I'll unplug the mic.. Bt thanks for you concern Mike and your clarification High Wire.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
;) For the best listening.....get a 9db and hoist it high.... :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts