BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a deal on a new 115 2-stroke Yamaha installation on a 20 foot boat. NJ PA DE area, have trailer, will travel.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Call Corky at 609-927-5054. They are a Yamaha dealer and do excellent work.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Do you already have an engine? I am going to be looking to get rid of a 2001 115 2 stroke in the next month or so.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a friend...has a 20' Mako, and is interested in new and does not want to be involved in installing it himself...figures new engine professionally installed equals better honoring of warranty should something go south.

I will tell him about your post, tho', reel thing 25, and thanks. I'd be glad to help him install it etc but don't know that he will want to.

Will that motor include controls, prop, and needed (if any) gauges, etc.?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I am not sure what is included with the motor but it all becomes part of the package.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Look for a dealer and installer in Delaware save a bundle on sales tax, Warranties should be the same Good Luck

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. reel thing 25, you have email

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the problem to date. My friend has contacted a few dealers who all tell him a 115 2-stroke is unavailable. Odd thing is, if you get on Yamaha's website they show one for 2005. Wondering what's up with that. He is going to call Yamaha customer relations and find out. Meanwhile, we explore his options.... Thanks, guys.

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
reel thing-
Why are you getting rid of that 2001? I have a 1991 with 4000 hours and not a lick of trouble with it...

Sea Robbin- When I used to sell boats, we frequently ran out of certain Yamaha models late in the year. It seemed that it might have had to do with how many they anticipated selling and how many they actually did. They shipped in huge lots all the way from Japan and if the distribution centers got low we bought up what we could. It wasn't like you could just call the factory and have them send you one or two. Still we had to move people over to 130 or 90 models when we ran short of 115's. It's quite possible that 115's for your market have sold out and they're waiting on the '05 ones...

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, COMPLEAT. Well, that's what he was trying to buy...a 2005. I guess they'll be along eventually. Meanwhile, like you say, the dealers are "steering" him to 4-strokes and 2003 leftovers and such. I guess time will tell. I can tell you what apparently is happening...some dealers are getting Yamaha-powered boats, but no loose Yamaha outboards. Looks like the floor planning is changing for competitive reasons?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reel thing 25, my email to you bounced back undeliverable. Perhaps you could email me? The guy is interested in you offer and would like to know more. Thanks

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Sea Robbin, my server at work is likely screwed up. I will email you when I get it up and running tomorrow. Compleat, I love the engine. The only reason I will be getting rid of it is because I am in the process of downsizing my personal fleet and liquidating. I was going to use the engine on a project boat and buy a mate for it, but I am in the process of a boat deal that is already assembled. Yes, the engine will be complete with prop, controls, oil tank, and multifunction digital tach. By the way, we just purchased the extended warranty which I hope is transferrable. It will be warrantteed until July '07.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Sounds good. I'll pass it on to Rich.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I can verify for Corky. He rpowered my boat in summer 01. 150 Yamaha. I shopped the deal very hard and while there was very little difference in the price of the motor(margins are very thin) he was like $1500 cheaper on the installation and new controls. His son Tracy is as good a mechanic as you will find and is one of the guys Yamaha Corp recommends to remedy problems. Very nice people and very reasonable.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Ill second cambells. A friend of mine was going to delaware for a new 50hp yammy and I told,. him to give corky a shot. when its all said and done corky was the best deal,sales tax included

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds good, guys. Thanks. I've passed the "Corky
info" on including their phone number.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have a pair of NEW 115 4 stroke YAMAHAS.....they have nver been titled with no hrs.....they will come with 5 year factory warrenty
$14,000 FIRM
609-374-4969

1 - 20 of 27 Posts