BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put my deposit on my slip at Port Norris Marina and starting to get things ready. Replacing zinks this weekend, charging up both batteries, and starting to clean the boat up. I haven't had my boat in the water in two years so looking forward to this year. Port Norris is only about 15 to 20 minutes from my house which is a far less then Somers Point where i previously was. Looking forward to March and getting things going. Stripers are right around the corner! :)

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
So far you have done what I have...2 years OHM then 2 at PN, and on my 2nd year at Joe's. I really liked PN when Tim was there but I heard Harry is doing a good job as well. Pick your days there waves get bad down that way. That's the reason I moved up north. Good luck.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far you have done what I have...2 years OHM then 2 at PN, and on my 2nd year at Joe's. I really liked PN when Tim was there but I heard Harry is doing a good job as well. Pick your days there waves get bad down that way. That's the reason I moved up north. Good luck.
yeah I fished outta Fortescue most of the time last year and it got a little sloppy sometimes but the fishing was just a lot better there. We have a house in OC and i just don't have any desire to fish the back bays and reefs out front anymore with all the boat traffic. To me its only fun for taking dads speed boat out and seeing all the girls :D

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
you got it... the bay smokes most plsces period. we got it all and then some.u never know what will hit youre bait. its deep, its shallow , you have reefs, sunken boats, and worst of all bad weather predictions!!!!! lol . but is by far best place to fish in sj. i go everywhere and she is home to me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts